Richardson decommits per Chronicle?

Wow… Apparently, so…

Not really a surprise…get the big name programs chasing you and raise your stock for 2020 draft

1 Like

Well, that sucks. Good luck to the kid.

1 Like

Yep, I think if his power ticks up, he probably gets drafted as a 5th rounder.

2 Likes

CTW and Staff need to right the ship ASAP, Pez is watching.

And he immediately commits to Baylor. Thinking that he was waiting for this offer and it had nothing to do with Houston or it’s staff.

Tre’s dad played for OU. I had been waiting for him to jump ship to the Big12, but I always assumed it would be OU.

1 Like

Verbals aren’t worth the air expelled to say it. ONLY thing that matters is a signed NLI. Lot of things can and do change in that HS Senior year. Wish him well

2 Likes

Yep. Probably not a good idea to get too excited about any baseball recruits until they sign that NLI and even then, probably not a good idea to get excited until they show up on the roster or you see them in a uniform.

5 Likes

So true with top HS talent

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more…since scholarships are limited it is not unusual to see more than a few commits end up somewhere else even without “decommitting”.
The kid can play, no doubt, but if he doesn’t want to be here then so be it.
This next year is crucial for our Coogs. We have to do better not only in the AAC, but we are going to have to make some noise in the tourney to get top kids looking again.
I think coach Whitting will right the ship and have us back in the limelight next year…at least I hope so

3 Likes

I’m optimistic like you, Butch. The class we have coming in, it’s similar to the football :football: class. We have a combination of quite a few talented Juco’s ready to contribute right away, but have a handful of freshman who are really talented, who may get to play early. Baseball :baseball: is just different because players don’t get a full scholarship. As far as Richardson goes, it seem he had UH as a fall back option before he blew up this year.

2 Likes

Really sucks since what we needed were some big bats. We saw him early and he chose the johnny-come-latelies.

1 Like

Never know could come back…lots of changes in that SR year. As far as production now, give me a proven JUCO bat and let the HS kids blend in…very few HS kids can produce at D1 level out the chute, its a big jump

3 Likes