Riddle Me This...AAC Title Game

Assume that Tulsa beats Navy, then loses to Cincy.

Tulsa has 1 conference loss.

Assume that our beat Smoo and Memphis.

UH has 2 conference losses.

No more games. Not playing Tulsa gives them the berth .But if Tulsa played us on 12/19, and lost, our Cougars would get the Title Game.

Does the AAC move the Title game to 12/26 or just give Tulsa the game against Cincy?

2 Likes

In your scenario, based on what they said about possibly rescheduling the Tusla game, they would not reschedule it and Tusla would play in the championship.

Agree…thus making a sham of the CG !!

We just have to let it play out.

I think we should be playing Memphis this weekend and Tulsa the following weekend.

Schedules have been altered a lot already and since smu already has 3 losses, I don’t see that playing them makes sense…However, Aresco is the genius.

3 Likes

Lets ger the wins so we have something to complain about. Go Coogs

7 Likes

The American has given Memphis a path to the CCG. If Memphis wins out and Tulsa loses out, Memphis plays at Cincinnati.

By not rescheduling the UH/Tulsa game, The American has basically shut UH out of the CCG due to a decision made in an Irving conference room and not on the football field.

2 Likes

And the pitiful year of 2020 just keeps on sucking.

4 Likes

Practice season.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1334220055979167744

technically still in but tulsa would win tie breakers, weve been eliminated

1 Like

Tulsa is in by default.

A pitiful excuse for a football season.

1 Like

You can’t push the championship game back any further because of bowl games. We were out either way.

2 Likes

Barf.

1 Like

2 Likes

I would like to blame someone for this disappointing season but it would be politically incorrect.

Eh it would just start the same circle of arguments that will make the mods mad.

So I mean depends on how much you enjoy repititiveness and Portland yelling at us. If that’s your bag… speak your peace, and watch the fallout. If not yeah I’d move on.

Whatever games we get in the rest of the way I am all in watching and enjoying every game possible. Hell, if it was up to me, I would extend the season indefinitely until we got in as many games as possible. If I was a player, I would feel the same way. Screw COVID, I would want to play as many games as possible regardless of how long the season gets extended. If you love the sport you play, you just want to play. These student athletes only have 4 years plus a RS and now a RS COVID year and then 99% of them are done for life.

3 Likes

I like politically incorrect, we need more of it.

3 Likes

Yeah lots of people say that… Until someone’s politically incorrect about them or something they agree with. Then I find the fans of “political incorrectness” get a much, much tighter clutch on their pearls.

8 Likes

I get it. I am mostly Irish, and I think all the drunken Irish jokes are funny…and I am an attorney, and I think all the attorney jokes are especially funny (and TRUE !)…

But any Un PC comments toward my Cougars or University, then those are fighting words…:smiley:

2 Likes

Should we reschedule Tulsa for next week with the winner playing Cincinnati in the championship? Save Tulsa from playing Cincinnati two weeks in a row and give us a shot at the tittle.

Makes more sense than a meaningless game against Memphis and much more interesting than Tulsa v. Cinn two weeks in a row. The first game of which is also meaningless and have no consequence.

1 Like

Make sense, but we had to cancel SMU as well today. I don’t think it will happen.

1 Like