Rivals gave a 3* ranking to fake player

This was posted on some other forums but I hadn’t seen it here.

For anyone who thinks the recruiting services are not biased… Some high school students created a fake Twitter account for a nonexistent player. Based on only tweets about offers from Bama and several other schools, Rivals ranked the player 3*. 247 created a player profile and a composite ranking. Unbelievable.

Here is the 247 composite rankings:

Here are a couple of the forum threads talking about this:

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: bruhhhhh
Research much !?!
Kinda of reminds me of Chris Broussard’s Twitter sauces

@Jesse22

HaHa. What idiots.

1 Like

So some of it is bias. Bias is just part of everything so everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. But it reeks even more of someone saying, “Oh bleep, we missed a kid with big offers. Interns put something together, now!” So the interns rushed out some work published it with the high P5 base of a 3-star, everyone probably figured there would be time to research and adjust. Mainly it’s the dagger of the digital age, the rush to put your material out before the other guys without worrying about accuracy or anything else.

1 Like

Proves what we in Cougar Country have known for a LONG time.

10 Likes

Was it Davud Lauder and do he still hsve eligibility left???

I didn’t click on the TexAgs link provided above but I assume they wanted Jimbo to offer him?

1 Like

Why was this to me. Lost! :thinking:

Cus funny

Ok. Still confused. But all good!

You tagged it to me @Chester07 so I thought maybe it was from previous post I had forgotten about.

This has been going on LONG LONG before there was a Twitter !!

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a long time. Recruiting rankings are 95% bunk. There simply isn’t enough time or resources to look at all high school players…much less even a large % of them.

I’ll lay money an algorithm could be written to rank players that would be more accurate simply by going on commits to teams and where those teams finished in previous years.

The NFL gets to literally hand measure players and has a tough time predicting success…and people are giving companies money based on work by some dudes in their mothers basements…

3 Likes

Glad they’re bringing Dynasty back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If they had shown an offer from UT-Austin he would have gotten 5 stars!!**

**stolen from twitter

6 Likes

Give those high school students who posted it a scholarship!

2 Likes

I have known for years and years that these ranking services are extremely biased and inaccurate! I have seen too many times where a player is ranked a 4* but as soon as he commits to us he is dropped in the ranking as a 3*!

1 Like

Like that Ed Oliver guy. Ratings are silly.

2 Likes

Their formula is simple:

. A kid that commits to a blue blood school is a 4-5.
A kid that commits to a good P5 school is a 3-5.
A middling P5 is a 3-4
A strong G6 3, sometimes the occassional 4
A MAC/Sun Belt, CUSA 2-3

Saves them a lot of time.

4 Likes

Well that 2* kid named Case Keenum became the greatest QB from the State of Texas stat wise, but you know…those rating genious people are “always right”…smh.

2 Likes