Rockets and Sampson

The Rockets need Sampson really bad. D’antoni will be fired after this season and I’m sure Fertitta would love to hire Sampson but I wonder if he could pull the trigger thinking that Kellen might be ready to take over UH…Gonna be interesting.

Did you really think the Rockets would beat the Lakers?

I did. They’re good enough to.

1 Like

Hope not. There are plenty of other good coaches for the Rockets to choose from.

5 Likes

UH needs CKS lot more then rockets. I do not care about rockets.

16 Likes

Are you from Houston?

2 Likes

Tilman was a BOD member when that hire was made.

2 Likes

OP can get bent. UH needs Sampson to coach here forever.

Seriously, I nominate him for banning.

8 Likes

I really think Tillman’s time on BOD and BOD agreements prohibit that, both legally and ethically. You can’t and don’t act as both an administrator and important advisor while simultaneously acting as a competitor. It goes against hundreds of years of ethical business standards. And directly against established U.S. business jurisprudence.

The oilers did it to us because Adams didn’t serve on the BOD and Pardee was just an employee of the university. Another reason hate that ### (Adams not Pardee).

4 Likes

I’m a Rockets fan, but I’m much more of Cougars fan. Wanting Kelvin to stay until Kellen is truly ready.

5 Likes

Coaching in the NBA matters but as not as much as college. CKS impact would be minimized by the rockets roster defiencies so I’m hoping this doesn’t happen.

6 Likes

Tilman ain’t going to hurt the university for personal gain.

4 Likes

Could be wrong but Sampson has things he wants to accomplish here…and I think he is set for life financially anyways…and certainly Fertitta wouldn’t dare rob his alma mater of a coach he worked so hard to get here…right?
Regardless, worse case scenario is older Sampson leaves and young Sampson takes over…

6 Likes

Sampson is a college coach !!!

Besides, the NBA is not “real” basketball. It is strictly a scoring free for all, rules need not apply !

9 Likes

NBA is all about oneself and jacking up shots. One on one garbage.

7 Likes

Disagree I watch a lot of both and CBB offense is terrible right now. There have been a lot of terrible games this year. Also remember the 24 shot clock dictates shorter actions on offense. If anything CBB needs to be more like the WCBB. 4 quarters, less contact and better offense.

The rockets are probably the worst team to watch because of the way they play. They took iso ball to the extreme.

3 Likes

Disagree.

Besides, the NBA does not need a shot clock as no one takes that much time to Jack it up.

When you can take 6 steps without dribbling and have the infamous continuation foul, etc etc.

However that is what NBA fans want. 150 to 148 games.

Just not for me.

4 Likes

I think that’s an oversimplification of the game. CBB teams are struggling to shoot 40% in a lot of games and it gets passed off as good defense. To me the woman’s side of CBB has a better game right now.

I agree that offense in the Nba has been emphasized too much and they need to make some rules changes to help the defense some.

1 Like

Used to be only the allstar game would have those scores.

3 Likes

With the shorter shot clock, the NCAA needs to ban zone defense.