Rooting for Sam Houston State in FCS Playoffs

SHSU is on ESPN playing NDSU. 17-17 3rd quarter. I’m rooting for them.

8 Likes

Just went ahead 24-20 with 3:39 left in 4th.

4 Likes

SH pulled it off.

8 Likes

Good to see them finally take out NDSU. Most of my family graduated from Sam. I actually went there for a semester before they politely asked me to leave :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Last I saw NDSU had three players taken in the draft. Not bad.

How about them BearKats!! #EatEmUpKats
Big time Win!

3 Likes

@Ron1102

I appreciate it!!

1 Like

Didn’t even know they were playing not real interested in spring football, I guess they will turn around and play in the fall again??

I wonder what percentage of teams win a game when giving up two special teams TD’s?

2 Likes

NDSU first 17 pts was all ST.

Edit: So actually their ST Unit scored all 20 pts for them.

Yes.

https://twitter.com/BearkatsFB/status/1389013056701624321?s=19

1 Like

Go Bearkats!!!

3 Likes

I was happy for them to get the W. I was rooting for them.

3 Likes

Finally beat the bizon. Last time was in 2009 with Blake Joseph as the quarterback.

1 Like

They have been the Alabama of the FCS Level last 10 yrs. Sam lost in the Ship to them bk to back yrs-- 11 & 12. “I was there”.
Finally got over the hump! The 2 winningest programs in last 10 yrs at FCS level – NDSU, SHSU.

Edit: Fritz left after the Jan 2012 Ship game n went to GaSouthern.

1 Like

i was there also, Frisco, my daughter was a freshman in 2012, softball pitcher, the amount of Bison fans was incredible, about 5000 shsu fans the rest ND State

1 Like

As they say ‘They travel well’ !

Edit: 2011 game was abt 60/40 Bison fans. But yes 2012 was 70/30 at least. Frisco only holds 20k. Heck if you look at a map from Fargo ND to Frisco it straight due South. Easy travels :grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I was at the 2012 game as well. I was the token guy I always make fun of, the one who wears gear from neither team playing. I did have an SHSU cap at least to go with my UH hoodie.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/robhipp/status/1389264326079533067?s=19

I had to share. Does this man get pumped or what. Homer!! What’s that he says. He doesn’t hold back. :smiley::grin:

1 Like