Rumor: Briles to Missouri State

Art Briles v will be the next had coach of Missouri State

Huh. Winning above all else, I guess.

There’s conflicting reports that they’re hiring Bobby Petrino. One of them will be announced today.

I want some of what they’re smoking at Missouri State

Hide the women folk

1 Like

Football scoop has since said they got that wrong. It’s going to be Petrino.

1 Like

Missouri has some beautiful winding roads for motorcycle riding.

4 Likes

I heard Harvey Weinstein was a candidate to be their new AD.

4 Likes

Briles could do wonders for the traditionally underachieving Mo State Bears. Petrino not so much.

But people are discussing Missouri St football now so they are least getting some mind share and could see local interest spike.

2 Likes

Maybe they will both be sitting on stage and the AD will say to one of them, “Will you accept this rose?”

2 Likes

It looks like they leaked the Briles name last night so it wouldn’t look so bad when they announced Petrino this morning.

3 Likes

That would be awesome, but I’d like to see the AD take the one Missouri State hat on the table and put it on the coach he chooses.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. First, get people in a rage by leaking Briles, and then announce a less controversial (but with his own issues) coach. Well played Missouri State Lol

Was Bobby’s affair with a player or assistant like Applewhite?

Assistant in the AD fundraising office. They had something like a 6 month affair and he got her hired into some higher paying job in the football program. She lost all that after the motorcycle wreck but ended up marrying the guy she cheated on. He’s a diving coach of some kind at South Carolina and she has some regular job.

1 Like

She didn’t look anything like Applewhite. :beers:

3 Likes

When you tell your parents you got a girl pregnant (Briles) so they’ll freak out then say actually I just got suspended a few days from school (Petrino) so your parents are like oh good I’m so relieved enjoy your time off.

1 Like

I can see other schools going to the ‘well, we didnt hire Briles this other hire is the lesser of two evils’
I think the window for Art is closing fast.

1 Like