Rumor has it RE: Season tix sales

My guess is that anyone waiting to see the outcome of OU game will sit on the sidelines to see what happens until the Louisville game. It took some until the Memphis game last year to get onboard. If winning the AAC and the Peach Bowl and opening against OU do not get someone onboard, then I think it takes more than beating OU and facing Lamar in Week 2 to do it.

I was told this week we were close to 21K

2 Likes

How many are scalper buys? I hear a lot

How could someone tell if it is a scalper vs. a fan? At least until we see the actual attendance and such. If I was a scalper, I would think UH is a bad risk other than the OU game considering past seasonal demand and our opponents.

Someone else said they talked to tickets department and we were at19,300. I have to admit I think if we had gotten over 20K Hunter would have sent out a tweet.

1 Like

They make the money on OU. The rest is gravy. Just what I heard

Right now on Stub Hub, there are about 1100 single game tickets available for the various home games.

So the answer is at least 1100.

Of course, this is only a bad thing if the scalpers don’t renew next year. Other schools in Texas have more than 1100 singles available per home game. They renew their tickets at these schools.

2 Likes

OU won’t be included in season ticket packages after June 24. Scalpers shouldn’t be a concern as we enter the home stretch.

I wonder if that is the ‘with Little Coogs’ number? Would make sense if we’re at 19.3k without them.

How does the Little Coogs tickets work? And why wouldn’t we include that in our total?

What I read on forum posts/twitter (so giant grain of salt) UH used to include the LC tickets in its released Season Tickets sold numer and that LCs accounted for as much as 3000 of them.

Then last year they changed how they took LC donations. LC tickets plummeted to 800 and for whatever reasons they took them out of the count.

Might have been bacause the excitement of the incoming new head coach allowed STs sold to be near the same as when LCs were included. So they didn’t feel the need for the boost which could be seen as artificial.

This year they made LC donations easier so those numbers are probably up big.

Again, grain of salt with this. I read it on the Internet after all. If someone has different info please correct me.

Confirmed. 21K with counting ticket “resellers” that bought season ticket packages

2 Likes

Confirmed how/where?

UH. people the ticket office reports to

1 Like

I’ve read myopics posts for years. If he posts it its most likely (99.9% on news like this) true.

This is awesome news btw.

Does that include all the suites? How do those factor in?

On April 29, we were at 18,200. See below.

On May 11, I visited the ticket office. I was told we were very close to 19,000 paid season tickets NOT COUNTING all the corporate sponsors and other non-paid season tickets.

Bear in mind that in 2014, we had 1049 non-paid season tickets for IMG, UH employees and promotional. See the Duarte article below.

On May 12, Herman told the Rotary Club we were at 19,000. See final article below.

So I would be SHOCKED if our total was only 19,300 five weeks later.

Then again, I would be pleasantly surprised if our total was 21,000 five weeks later. That’s about 80 tickets a day during what is typically a slower period for us. Plus, we were very shorthanded in the ticket office during much of this stretch.

So I am guessing Myopic’s 21,000 tickets include paid AND non-paid season tickets, and we are on the verge of hitting 20,000 paid season tickets very soon.

But I hope I am wrong, and we are at 21,000 paid already. That would be awesome.

https://twitter.com/HunterYurachek/status/726205414619156480

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2014/09/paid-season-ticket-sales-surpass-15000-at-tdecu-stadium/

For many years Bill Yeoman has repeatedly stated with great conviction that UH will not get into a power conference unless we can sell at least 20,000 season tickets for football. It seemed like wishful thinking the first time I heard him say it. But, it’s not any longer.

1 Like

All the pieces are in place. We will move up to a P5.

The suites are sold out and people had to sign multiple year contracts to obtain them. I’m actually surprised we didn’t push to add a few more enclosed suites on the open ends of the suite level (enclose the sky suites) and move the sky suites to the press box level where the banners currently hang. Would have been an easy $180,000+ in revenue per season at bare minimum.

1 Like