Rumor has it that Ed (is done? via Ed's Twitter)

I’ve heard that Ed could potentially miss 2 weeks with his injury. Hope it’s not true

This is going to be a preview of the 2019 defense that’s for sure

2 Likes

I’d rather he play healthy than to play injured.

4 Likes

Cheap shot

4 Likes

I guess if I ever see someone shaking Ken Niumatalolo’s hand I shall proceed to run full speed and dive at his legs. If, after he gets up (hell…if he gets up), he asks ‘why did I do that?’ I can respond “FROM YOU ALRIGHT! I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!”

Well… one can dream anyway.

7 Likes

I hope he isn’t out for 2 weeks. That’s a bunch of bs by Navy!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing.

I am going to say he plays until UH or Duarte reports otherwise.

1 Like

the only other major televised game we will get this year is the CCG, (the day before the voting deadline for all awards) and no one wins an award the day before the deadline (most vote early)

this will be the last national statement game we will likely have this season
ed was never going to win the Heisman…but he has a great chance at invite to new york…if he doesnt play vs usf…that is completely dead…

ED is probably a top 3 favorite to win the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy, & Bednarik Award …and the label of our schools 1st unanimous all-american (we’ve had 8 consensus, no unanimous )

not playing vs usf doesn’t end the chances of getting those awards but changes it from him being the favorite to him just being a contender with other possibilities …if he plays vs USF and has a great game on ABC this late in the season…ed becomes a comfortable favorite for all those awards

ABC, mixed with usf rankings (+ a team that ed could go off on)…him not playing could be the difference between him being THE most decorated player in Houston football history, or “one of the most” mixed in with the other 8 consensus as time goes by…
i wish the game he had missed was smu or tulane on cbsports…and not the abc game

It’s the responsible thing to do. He’s going to be a top 3 pick. I wouldn’t have a problem if he did sit longer than that.

Our 2019 line will include Chambers.

I have pulled for Navy for the last time. I’m an Army guy anyway.

5 Likes

I can see him having a huge 2019 season. If baby Briles comes back, the offense should be dynamic. Need to get some transfers at CB.

Just look at Bosa. He is now out of OSU. I have no issues whatsoever if Ed decides to hang it up early.
Injury to a knee or a shoulder is extremely serious especially if you are going to be a top 1st round draft pick. Any sprain, extension and he needs a minimum of four weeks to fully recover. You do have different grades but he should not take the chance. That is if he is indeed injured.

3 Likes

It’s just a shame teams have to resort to dirty tactics because they can’t block Oliver. It’s the lowest level of sportsmanship.

9 Likes

I wish they’d have just held him. I hate to think that this could negatively affect his position in the draft.

A sprain isn’t going to impact his draft position. He’ll get plenty of chances to work out in front of NFL scouts.

The large part of the blame lies with the refs.
If they do their job and call the penalties, then Navy will stop doing it.

The AAC refs seem to have a mission to control the games and not in a good way.

4 Likes

Not really. That fellow from Eastern Arizona, Tapusoa, is a beast. I predict he’ll be the starter next year. He’s not the same kind of beast as Ed, more of a traditional 325 lb DT beast.

1 Like

The injury so far is being called a bruise. I hope he plays Saturday. UH will be on National TV vs, Tulane in a lovely Thursday night game as well.