Rumor has it that Ed (is done? via Ed's Twitter)

You not alone with the brain farts. And I agree that TJ Turner was a hell of a player.

Yeoman and his D coordinator Don ? ( I forget his last name) were great coaches and recruiters
on the Defensive side of the ball. Of course, Elmer Redd’s connection with Lufkin HS was very helpful.

1 Like

How can Ed win any of these awards ( I hope he wins them all) with a defense whose numbers belie his talents, and having missed two ( or more) games thanks to a dirty block. By the way, I once pulled for Navy, but no more.

1 Like

note this thread was BEFORE he missed games

he’s missed to many games to realistically win any without crazy season ending stats…but prior to missing games his individual stats was on pace to get them

Will Oliver play any more this year?

Or you are psychic and Peyton Turner will win some big award as a senior.

There is no doubt the best remains Wilson Whitley. WW played against the best teams, won the Lombardi and led the defense on a team that finished #4 in the nation.

Ed is a fabulous athlete and great player but his career doesn’t eclipse WW’s.at UH

5 Likes

DON TODD WAS NOT ONLY DC UNDER CBY BUT MOST LIKELY
THE BEST RECRUITER EVER AT UH. GOOD FRIEND

5 Likes

Todd…!!

Thanks, I had forgotten his last name.

He was a hell of a recruiter and had an eye for real talent.

Arguably maybe, but there’s a difference between being most decorated and being the best. For example, John Huarte won the Heisman over Joe Namath and then was his backup after both being drafted by the Jets the same year.

I would have a hard time believing Ed, as good as he is, is better than Wilson Whitley.

2 Likes

Let’s just say that they are both really good at their sport.

4 Likes

I’ll agree with that.

I saw them both. Both played like men among boys. Both are 1st rnd draft picks. I give the edge to WW on his body of work. If Ed stayed another year, I have little doubt who I would chose as the best at UH.

I suspect that Big Ed has already played his last game at UH. There is zero talk about him from the pr types. No questions about how his leg is. No questions about his playing status for the Temple game.

I wish nothing but the best for EO, but I hope we haven’t seen the last of him. Can’t see us having a ghost of a chance of winning out w/o him.

1 Like

Crazy talk. Coaches don’t discuss injuries for obvious reasons. The Temple coach came out this week and made it clear that he would even discuss injuries less than he was. Said it was apparent that opponents were focusing on where player was limited. Was very obvious watching Temple/UCF gm that UCF was going after Temple rb ankle that was known to be injured .

1 Like

After last years’ Temple game, I have no sympathy for the Temple coach !

4 Likes

He wasn’t asking for sympathy. He was just explaining reason as to why not give much info on injuries. Just like CMA gave today: “you don’t tell the enemy how many bullets you have in the chamber”.

Simon fletcher

Or in your chest.

Not to worry. As betting gets more involved with the college game, it will become a requirement to list injuries for an upcoming game so as to allow betters to make more enlightened bets !!

Just like in the NFL.

1 Like