Safety Jordan Moore transfers to Houston from Texas A&M (Update: Waiver approved, will play this season)

My understanding is the only times you don’t have to sit out a year after transfer is (1) you have graduated, or (2) you get a waiver from the NCAA (Deontay Anderson).

Or you only play in 4 games and haven’t used your RS.

I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s correct. Redshirt rules are different that transfer rules. That he only played in 4 games last year just means he used his redshirt last year, which means he currently has 4 years of eligibility left. Since he’s not a graduate transfer and doesn’t have an NCAA waiver, he will have to sit out next year and use a year of eligibility since he has already used his redshirt year. Starting 2020, he will have 3 years of eligibility left.

But someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

this ! :100:

He would have had to go to FCS school–SHSU to be able to play immediately n not lose year of eligibility.

So w Coogs sit one play three!

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t realize there was a carve out for FCS transfers.

1 Like

Yep. That’s why in early 2000’s for about 10+ yrs SHSU would get QB’s to transfer from D1 schools n play immediately — Josh McCown-- SMU to SHSU, Dustin Long-- A&M to SHSU, Rhett Bomar - got in trouble at OU n came to play at SHSU immediately, Jeremiah Briscoe- came from UAB.

1 Like

“I want to start my own legacy somewhere,” Moore said. “I want to get that program back to where it was in 2016 when they were the big dogs. It’s headed that way. They’ve got a few more guys who have transferred with me from the Big 12 and SEC. It’s going to be a great thing, and I want to be a part of it.”

Moore is eligible to use last year as a redshirt season, but he must apply to the NCAA for a waiver to be able to play in 2019.

Moore plans to go through spring practice and promises to be ready for either the upcoming season or 2020.

4 Likes

So Moore is enrolling this spring and applying for a waiver?

4 Likes

Sounds like it. Id be surprised if it gets approved.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t seen or heard anything that would indicate a waiver would be appropriate.

1 Like

Glad to have him aboard, but it does make me wonder why a player with so many UH family ties signed with A&M in the first place.

Best of all worlds initially. SEC football, first class amenities, and an hour and half from family. But things change.

2 Likes

Weird aggie cult mindset not a factor??

1 Like

His twin brother signed with UT. So there…….

Like all Aggie enrollees you either buy into it or it’s a long stretch of being there. It just comes with the territory very much a you know what you signed up for.

1 Like

You left out Blake Joseph

Jordan moore :black_joker: ‏ @ Jo_moore23 21h21 hours ago

Jordan moore :black_joker:Retweeted Dematrius Davis Jr.

Stay home and make our city proud lil bro…!

Dematrius Davis Jr. @ Dematrius09

# AGTG Blessed to announce that I have received an offer from my hometown The Univesity Of Houston!!! # GoCoogs

1 Like

So who are these transfers he’s talking about? " They’ve got a few more guys who have transferred with me from the Big 12 and SEC."

Thabo Mwaniki and Deontay Anderson? Or maybe he knows of another transfer from the SEC that we don’t?