Sampson on the jim hicks radio show

kelvin starts at 54 mins

• talks about Kentucky game, said the game changed to an almost comeback when we switched galen onto Herro instead of corey, strength made the difference

• brison fouling out was big in defending pj in the end…felt we could win the whole time

• kelvin says we have a chance to be a really good team next year…later states it wont have much to do with new players but players that are coming back

• note he says we are done with seniors in the 2019 class (And the roster of players we are using next year is set, that its been set since November)–likely meaning we arent bringing in tyreek smith

• talks his views on amateurism…

• talks big recruiting weekend coming up (note: it is the start of the aau circuit)…says we’ll be visiting players all week and watching them play on the weekend…indirectly notes the houston hoops aau team has a lot of our targets “the players from houston we are targeting are playing in a nike tournament”…houston hoops is the only team that fits that description

• targeting a few recruits and some transfers. a few are close to committing. notes he doesnt care about stars, but if he thinks he can develop them

• rob gray signed a big deal in turkey

4 Likes

Grad transfers ?!

That sounds unlikely since he said the rotation is set.

when i say rotation, i mean the players we are going to use…

also he made it pretty clear that he knows what he wants next years team to look like…i didnt mean it the way you interpreted it but im sure he has an idea

Would of been nice to bring in a BIG

no…he seemed pretty set that he isnt looking for players for next season… someone was trying to find out if there was any way on the team, even as a walk-on, and he pretty much said we are done with 2019…

2 years in a row now that he’s only going to have only 11
players on ship that are active. Hopefully, the injured bug doesn’t hit us.

Really Good stuff !!

So…our lineup is set. How does our point distribution shake-out, theoretically?

Hinton/Mills/Sasser 30%
Jarreau. 15%
White. 10-12%
Gresham 10%
Brooks. 15-20%
Alley. 5%
Remaining 15%

What kind of points do we expect from Gorham?

?

I think he’ll start along with White :sob::sob::sob:

Prolly averages 14 ppg & 8 rbs.

How long before the fan base turns on CKS for not bringing in a big man who can man the middle…

Probably never

1 Like

:relieved::relieved::relieved:

When does RED80 come here to make a public service announcement?

He has a big who can man the middle, but the guy has to get stronger and play with some attitude and desire.

As a public service, I thought I would remind you guys that Mother’s Day is May 12 – only 18 shopping days away. Ignore at your own peril. :wink:

6 Likes

Well I needed to know that. Another note: Never get mom and wife of kids same gift (LOL)…be creative!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Derrick, that’s the only public service announcement I could come up with and didn’t want to disappoint Joe.

1 Like

Rob signed a deal in France, not Turkey.