San Antonio Commanders

I watched last nights game and the atmosphere in the Alamo Dome looked ELECTRIC!

The game was pretty darn exciting as well!

I’m happy for the amount of support San Antonio is showing for spring football. Good for them.

2 Likes

It was a fun game in the 1st and 4th quarters. I agree, the QBs have been not great. Farrow could not find any running lanes. Ayers had a great first down catch that set up the first TD. Ward kept getting overthrown a lot, but made the sweet two point conversion on the game winning TD. Mbu and the defense got some pretty good pressure. All in all it was a good atmosphere with 30,000+ people in the Dome. It got pretty loud in there especially at the end. Salt Lake had two straight false starts and I could tell the players were hyped and had fun. I tried to get a picture with Ward after the game but just barely missed him. He was the last player off the field signing autographs and taking pictures with fans until one of the security officials told him to go to the locker room.

5 Likes

Thanks Mrs. FormerShasta! I don’t mind making fun of your son and if he and I shared an opinion you wouldn’t have a problem with it or have to defend him.

Have you made fun of me? No, not at all, as you lack that skill (i.e. humor) Be provocative if you want, I guess, but mostly you are being boring and repetitive. Heard you the first time. But ya gotta keep CCoogin’ it. Stop trying to steal joy. Some of us like watching former Coogs play, even if not at the highest level. Not sure why that’s so hard for you (actually I do, you like to poo poo stuff, as is your CCoog way.)

4 Likes

Easy there Frances. I share the joy and have said so. You choose to focus on what you perceive to be negative. That’s where you are losing your joy.
Go Coogs! Beat Kentucky!!!

So weak, so lame…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am enjoying the AAF. I do hope the league goes on to make it to season 2.

5 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

I don’t miss the kickoffs or the kicked extra points. Extra points are a little more interesting now that the NFL has made them something less than automatic, but having to go to 2 all the time makes for interesting scoring scenarios.

And I really enjoy that they go to a live picture/audio of the replay official. Replay can drag and is frustrating, but if you can see and hear what’s going on, it’s not that bad. I think this is a very good idea.

3 Likes

I do like when they go live to the replay review; shows that the league is willing to be transparent. I wish more leagues would do that (NFL, NBA, MLB). Would help alleviate some of the complaints about whether those leagues are rigged.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/aafcommanders/status/1110562371637006336

2 Likes

If you download the AAF app you can guess the next play call. This is really helpful because it keeps my wife interested and she had fun playing the “game within the game.” It’s also cool because you can see the player “dots” in real time as they are on the field. Each player must have some kind of positioning sensor in their helmet. It’s pretty neat.

Those really are some cool twists to the game! What do you think FormerShasta?

As might be expected, Ward looks to get open on extended plays!

The first-year Alliance of American Football’s inability to secure cooperation from the NFL Players’ Association to use young players from NFL rosters has put the AAF in danger of folding, Tom Dundon, the league’s majority owner, told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday.

“If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can’t be a development league,” said Dundon, who in February committed to invest $250 million into the league. “We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league.”

The NFLPA had no official response to the accusations that their lack of cooperation is prompting the AAF to fold.

I am liking and enjoying watching the Commanders a bit more each week. SA is really supporting the league. However, I am not sure it will make it after this season. They are averaging 29k in fans attending. It’s a message to the NFL that they will support a team.

The Apollos are staying in their team hotel in Jacksonville, Fla. — 140 miles away from the city they represent. To make matters worse, they hop on a bus and travel 30 miles each day to hold their practices at a high school in Kingsland, Ga.

If that sounds a bit screwy, it’s because it is.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the state of Florida doesn’t allow professional athletes to be covered under its workers’ compensation laws. Georgia law, though, allows for workers’ compensation coverage. The catch is that the Apollos have to spend at least 51 percent of their practice time in the state.

What a cluster!

Well, if that fails, then you’ll still have the “new” XFL to fall back on!

The San Antonio/Austin corridor probably deserves an NFL or MLB team. There’s enough people along I-35 in that area that would easily support that team. Problem will be the other pro teams in the state and whether they approve. Doubtful that either Dallas/Houston franchise would allow it.

UT would probably not allow the competition being so close to Austin

5 Likes