San Diego Chargers

Thank you. Keep in mind that one of the Padres owners is one of the investors in the FS project…

Thank you for posting Patrick. Here are a few points that really, really, tick me off. Unfortunately Dodd like many other so called writers did not do his homework or on purpose fail to tell the truth to its readers.

SDSU is not part of the PAC12 due to their recruiting area. USC and UCLA will never let them in…They pillage the area recruiting great players. Sounds familiar? Remember, the bay area has Stanford and Cal so the PAC12 could easily get them in. Tijuana is right next door so SDSU could benefit greatly. Speak about getting new markets.

SDSU has a “special” fund to broker a deal with the city. The city of San Diego already lost the Chargers. Do you really think they would let SDSU “homeless”? Indeed the city leaders are idiots but I would be shocked if they make the same mistake twice.

Now instead of babbling and pretend that these guys are writers Dodd and his buddies ought to tell the truth. The truth is that College Football has been hijacked by a very few programs. Dodd and his buddies are enablers . Speak about journalism 101. What about putting a great piece of why this is happening. It feels like everyone is asleep at the wheel. Everyone has been bitten by the P5 insect. “Shut up” we are P5 and everyone can kiss our arse. Am I an idealist? No I am not. These idiots are killing College Football thinking that they are maximizing their banking account. Economic classes teaches everyone that there is a bell curve, At some point the needle will come crashing down. The MLS is the hottest sports franchise model right now. The line to get in is longer than everyone can imagine. Thank you Dodd and others. You obviously do not give a damn about programs like ours or others non P5. I do believe in karma. That I do.

1 Like

Completely agree with you. Dodd is pretty terrible and probably one of the worst national writers around and is especially bad about writing anything that doesn’t deal with Kansas or Missouri since I don’t believe he has contacts outside of the midwest.

This type of BS is not worth recycling. What’s troubling in all of this is that everyone seems to have accepted this P5 cartel. You would think that a few writers would have a minimum of integrity and tell the public what is really happening before our eyes. Fake news is more important to them. We are just getting the Pravda sports version.

By the way I emailed/filled a form to Orin Hatch expressing my concern about the G5 vs P5 issue. I asked him if he was ready to take up a fight for “us/G5 programs” like he did with his Utes. I have not gotten an answer so far…probably never will. Here is the way to send him a message. I would love it if we could email him a million times.

https://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-orrin

1 Like

Interesting point of view:
http://www.mighty1090.com/episode/ryan-phillips-what-they-did-to-this-city-was-unconscionable/?utm_campaign=&utm_content=Weekend+Roundup%3A+What+will+the+Padres+do+after+Weaver's+retirement%3F&utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse

How I felt when the Oilers left Houston.

Adams reminded me of frontiere when she inherited the Rams from her deceased husband. The chargers are a different animal. The City of San Diego and the chargers are equally to blame. San Diego is full of billionaires but they want to keep the City “small” They could have very, very easily increased the “visitor” tax (rental car,hotel fees) to pay for a stadium. They had a deal in place in 2002 but the City “balked” at the last minute. The same thing has happened with the airport. faulconer (Mayor) and his predecessors are equally to blame. The spanos did some charity work in San Diego but they never"embraced" the City. What they are doing with their training camp in Costa Mesa they never did in Mission Valley/San Diego.
Most of us feel betrayed by LT for even working for the Chargers. Especially after he was kicked out…just like Rodney Harrison, JUNIOR SEAU and many others.
I feel for Rivers that was never given full support from management. Just imagine if he had played for the Patriots, Steelers and other top Teams. He was and still is a top five QB. Luck, you need a lot of luck to win in the N.F.L.

1 Like

Do you want a spanos taco?

1 Like

This keeps getting better:
https://www.mighty1090.com/2017/09/22/daily-links-is-the-nfl-considering-moving-the-chargers-back-to-san-diego/?utm_campaign=&utm_content=Daily+Links%3A+Is+the+NFL+considering+moving+the+Chargers+back+to+San+Diego%3F&utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse

This would be incredible if it happens, but you’d have to think Spanish and Kroenke as well as Davis would be highly upset.

Only way I could see them getting away with this is selling the Chargers to someone in San Diego and giving Spanos an expansion team that starts in 2020 when the new stadium opens.

We all knew this was going to happen. The ratings being down and keep falling down it is hard to imagine an expansion Team. I could see spanos getting "bought out"and buy an existing franchise. The NFL is writing their own destruction. This is truly unbelievable that none of these “geniuses” saw the writing on the wall. They better change course quickly. The Titanic is taking on water. Nobody thought that is was possible but we all know how it ended.

1 Like

Flying banner:
https://www.mighty1090.com/2017/09/29/daily-links-faa-denies-dean-spanos-request-to-stop-banners-from-flying-before-chargers-games/?utm_campaign=&utm_content=Daily+Links%3A+FAA+denies+Dean+Spanos’+request+to+stop+banners+from+flying+before+Chargers+games&utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse

That’s funny that he can’t stop the plane because the stadium isn’t big enough.