Schedule update-skeptical that we'll get Rice this year

Any word on rescheduling Rice this year or finding another opponent? Looking kind of tough at this point. Also, any word when season tickets are going out?

Bitter reminder when you look at ESPN’S NCAAF Scoreboard website and you see the UH-Rice game still listed for this past Thursday.

If you look at the schedule tab it says “postponed”. Postponed usually means it will be reschedule, but Idk. Wait and see I guess.

There are no physical tickets. There are only digital so they should post in your account soon. As far as rice I don’t think we play this year.

1 Like

With the BYU move it looks harder to reschedule. Might happen though

1 Like

You can request physical tickets, but you have to ask, they don’t offer.

https://twitter.com/GregLuca/status/1306261506640826370?s=19

3 Likes

Houston might have asked to be let out of agreement so they can plan for the 2 gms with Baylor accordingly.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, can anyone list our OOC opponents for 2021-2024?

1 Like

What’s going on with Rice? Are the nerds scared of going outside their house? :rofl:

In all seriousness, their own website has them playing only six conference games, starting Oct 24???

Rice was off for the first 7 weeks.
Right now our Championship game is Dec 5th, but some conferences are playing their game on Dec. 12th and SEC on Dec. 19th so there are 2 possible weeks left for Rice, but more importantly Memphis.

1 Like

I requested the ticket office to send me physical tickets and parking passes and they arrived this past Saturday afternoon via UPS.

1 Like

It looks like, with the cancellation of UTSA, we have a spot available every year through 2027. If the Baylor games ever get played there or here or name a place, I’ll eat my hat.

1 Like

Hopefully, Pez is working to schedule some P5 opponents (Baylor?) to replace the UTSA games.

Why did the UTSA games get cancelled?

i thought the cancellation of the UTSA game for 24-25 was in order to make room for baylor.

2 Likes

OK, no more Rice. Now it is UTSA, TXST, ULL.They are too much trouble. Enough.

2 Likes

In Dana’s press conference he indicated we would probably keep on playing Rice annually, I don’t like playing them, but such is life.

BTW, the AAC championship game may be on Dec 5, or Dec 12, or Dec 19 due to the COVID problems and rescheduling games.