Scott & Holman Pawdcast: A Brief History of College Football, Part 1

Today’s episode is a little bit different than normal. As a fun way to get through the summer without college sports, Sam and I have been working on this project for the past several months, and we’re excited to share it with you. Basically, we wanted to know, how did the “first” American football game (a mob of people playing proto-soccer in 1869) evolve into the sport that we know and love as college football today? We’ve put a ton of research into this, and if you’re interested in the history of the sport at all, we really think you’ll enjoy this.

And of course, at the end of the episode we’ll also talk about the past week in Cougar-dom, including Dotson getting drafted, Rooney getting hired as pitching coach, Scheiner and Julks making their pro debuts, and football recruiting continuing to stay red-hot.

Link to episode.

1 Like

Really good stuff here

1 Like

Good episode guys. I always love hearing about Carlisle, it reminds me a lot of our own UH history from the veer offense and recent successes… a spiritual successor if you will!

1 Like

Thank you! You can bet we’ll be talking about the Veer in the coming episodes!

1 Like

Good stuff. Wouldn’t mind you guys diving into a historical UH, or really any college topic, and doing what you did here every one in awhile.

After this series is over, we’ll have a couple UH-specific episodes of a similar style.

1 Like

Good stuff, I might even listen again because I’m sure I missed several minutes fuming after being cut off by one of those “IN-TOW”, loaded up with hand-me-downs headed south on 59.

Since you fellas are always soliciting feed-back. 1) You have made remarkable progress at the sound quality since inception. Good job. 2) You fellas are usually pretty good at having a natural banter/conversation. This episode it sounded like you were reading Wikipedia. Still good stuff and I enjoy listening.

I think they were just reading from a script since they’ve been working on this for months.