Season Ticket Dot Counting (19-20 Season Tickets = Sold Out)

Alot, but not enough for a sell out.

I was in favor of hiring Clyde because Guy V told me we should. Maybe Chet listened to Guy as well.

2 Likes

I was skeptical from the start when he told Berman on air the day he was hired that “ it was basically a volunteer position “ !

Unfortunately, I was right.

1 Like

Maybe if you are making a million or two a year, and end up with a job that pays a few hundred thousand, it would feel like a volunteer position . . . . . Guess he was making more making barbque sandwiches . . . . .

1 Like

That may all be true, but he accepted a job and FAILED to fulfill the requirements from the get go and left like a snake in the night stranding not only players, but coaches who had quit jobs to come back to UH to help.

Frankly, I would have thought more of him if he had a press conference and apologized for stranding his friends instead of slithering out the back door as he did !!!

He was a great player for UH
I will leave it at that.

6 Likes

He made $5.5M his last year with the Rockets.

Grimes just transferred to us yesterday. I’ll bet there is some activity at the ticket office. Good luck getting Memphis tickets!

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

I think it is great that Grimes is heading our way, but I seriously think some of you guys are going overboard with all this final four talk.
If he comes here in the right frame of mind and does what coach Sampson expects of him, we will be a better team.
But I was excited about next year well before his name ever popped up on the transfer list.
Over the years I have let my expectations get to me in all Cougar sports only to be let down.
It would be great if he becomes eligible this year, but he is still going to have his hands full beating out the group we have coming back.
Not taking anything away from the young man, but remember he was a disappointment at KU and probably was not going to be their point guard.
I hope the young man comes in here and becomes one of our greatest point guards ever
but it is going to take a lot of hard work and on the court battles to accomplish that
Go Coogs

3 Likes

He started nearly every game at Kansas. Not real sure that is disappointing. They play a tough schedule and being labeled a 5 star does not magically make him any more than a freshman trying to learn the college game. He improved towards the end and seemed like he had a bright future there with some more development.

He was upset because he saw his playing time drop a little towards the end of the season
don’t get me wrong, I am tickled the kid is coming home but I am not quite ready to declare a national title LOL
heck, we go nuts because he was a five star, but don’t forget Kansas, like Kentucky, North Carolina and Duke feast off rosters full of those type of players

I just really like the added depth his addition gives our roster. We now know, if given the waiver, we have 3 very good starting guards with 2 talented guards coming off the bench.
To be honest I am anticipating a role player. Hope he can play great defense, rebound, run the court and hit some threes. If he can do more and create and play some point than even better, but I reallly don’t know enough about him.
I like getting a 5 star, especially the attention that comes with it, but I also realize it means nothing when it comes to work ethic, dedication and character that is everything when it comes to the player’s development.

That is wrong. He got upset because Self was not letting him play the point. That is why he transferred.

Seems to be an indication he felt as though he was lied to by Self through the recruiting process.

Sounds like a selfish reason to me
but I guess his pro future, at least in his mind is at the point
Sampson will certainly give him the chance to excel there

I’m guessing that won’t go on his waiver request. Lol

No one knows what was really said or happened there. Anyway he started most games as a tr fr and for whatever reasons was not happy.
If Kansas is really in full support of him then there must have not been any severe issues with his attitude.

I thought this was a dot counting thread

2 Likes

What? A kid thinking about his own future instead of what’s best for the team? Who ever heard of such a thing? Next thing you know, this will spill over to football and QB’s will be transferring when they don’t think they will be starting for a couple of years.

We live with an entitled generation
but I still hope the kid plays here and does well. I know with coach Sampson at the helm he will be in total control of the situation

1 Like