Season tickets sold?

We played closer attention last season, but does anyone know how many season tickets we sold this year?

A whole bunch.

1 Like

Last summer, the Big 12 was open to expansion. So our AD put out frequent updates.

That was unusual. Ordinarily, you get the number after they’re done selling season tickets. Which is the second home game.

Informally, I am told they expect to sell 18-20K this year.

2 Likes

Currently, you can’t buy season tickets online which I believe hurts us. However, I don’t know how many people think about season tickets in June/July anyways, so it may not matter if the online part is up on August 1.

That would be fantastic

LOL @ that optimism

My guess, we’re lucky to hit 15K. Coaching change, parking changes, RV lot moving, No “big” names on our schedule, 1 less game included, ticket price increases, etc. etc.

We surpassed 15K in the renewal phase.

3 Likes

Well color me shocked, I guess I’m the only one who sees a bit of tarnish right now :wink:

That makes me happy. I am maxed out on what I can do financially for UH. It is good to see more people stepping up to the plate. I can only assume the good numbers are from a increased fan base.

1 Like

Is this more than last year?

UofHouston13Eric PradoRegular2h CougarRed
Is this more than last year?

Hardly. Not anywhere near last year.

Doesn’t say much for us as a fan base if we’re making decisions on season ticket renewal around new coaching staff, changes in parking and RV lots. Really hope that isn’t the case.

3 Likes

We sold around 24k season tickets last year after winning the conf championship and peach bowl. If we broke 20k this year, I would be very happy considering the bowl loss, coach loss, and lower finish. There was a time not too long ago when we couldn’t get 15k to show up, let alone buy season tickets.

I agree. If you factor out the scalpers who bought season tickets for the Oklahoma & Louisville games based on the hype at the beginning of the year, I would consider 18K - 20K a good sign that the base is continuing to grow.

1 Like

The scalpers bought around 3k. So if we end up at 20k it means we didn’t lose any real fans that were buying season tickets.

1 Like

I wonder how the young alumni sections are doing.

Nothing decent in young alumni a week ago so I upgraded. There were only two or three sections in the 100s with available tickets…end zone and corner. It took me awhile and two different conversations to find two decent seats.

I ask because we have a new group of alumni each fall, if we are going to grow… we have to be converting them to season ticket holders. I wonder what the average age of season ticket holders is and how that compares to other schools.

They’ve sold a good amount of young alumni. Pickings were slim.

I renewed my young alum season tickets as well this year,but the picking were very slim. I guess that is a good sign then.

2 Likes