Season tickets sold?

You forgot to add a major overhaul in the pricing structure, much less attractive home schedule and no expectations of being a ranked team.

You can see it two different ways. You can choose to see it as a drop in season tickets or you can understand that the increase last year was based on ranking, schedule and hype. As long as we don’t dip below 2015 numbers, I don’t think there is anything to be concerned about.

3 Likes

Very good sign.

Shaggy has a good perspective on this. Since the Stadium opened there has been about a 25-30% increase in season tickets sold. You would expect that the speculators from last season weren’t going to return but it looks like a lot of the increase from 2015 to 2016 will return for another year. That’s what you hope for when you get a hype induced increase.

4 Likes

My understanding is they are going to add a family package right near the end of the Summer to try and get another burst of sales. The new ticket director did this in basketball in his first year as well. UH had added flex tickets - tickets that could be used at any time or one for each game - as a season ticket package in basketball a year or two before he got here. The decision was made to remove that option as a season ticket, determine how ticket sales developed, and then in the end, create an option that allowed people to get the flex tickets after regular season ticket holders were accommodated. My assumption is they are doing the same thing in football. Accommodate regular season ticket holders, see were they stand, and then provide a family package before the season to maximize season tickets.

Do we have a final official number of total season tickets sold?

One was never released. I think I might send a question this week to JD for his mailbag.

Thank you

In August with a couple of weeks left, Duarte reported we were at 13K & change. We finished at 14K max. Down 10% from the prior year.