SEC AAC scheduling agreement

True, but we don’t know if those games against South Carolina replace an Alabama A&M or a Utah State. Will have to wait until the final schedule comes out to see.

Georgia is expected to drastically improve with tom crean going into year 2 and a top 10 recruiting class

I wanted to stay away from expectations but since you brought it up, aren’t both Memphis and Wichita State suppose to greatly improve as well? Based on expectations, the SOS gap widens, not shrinks.

1 Like

??? S. Carolina is an SEC team !

He said we were going to play a big time ACC team.

I think it is Virginia.

Wow im dumb

So guys like you and shaggy want to play P5 talent but only certain P5 talent because it won’t help our rating. I wonder if similar thinking is why P5 talent doesnt play G5 teams like us?

3 Likes

Yes, it is all about the NET. Best on Best…they are not helping us, we are helping them.

You wanna play Rio grande again?

1 Like

That was an exciting finish! :grin:

1 Like

Don’t forget about possibly playing UW

This is true. Let our best play Kentucky, Tenn, LSU, etc. We cant afford to play SEC schools that wont help Net, period. Next we will have other P5s doing the same to make threir conference overall rating stronger, getting more teams in the tourney. This wl hurt AAC.

If Rio Grande NET is above 40, sign them up!

If we think about playing South Carolina as replacing one our low NET games on the schedule instead of being an aspirational high NET game that we would all like to see, this won’t ruffle as many Jimmys

Wasn’t South Carolina a good team a couple years ago? Maybe they turn it around and qualify as a Q1 team like LSU this prior season.

I hope so, we need SOS.

2 Likes

Agree, hoping Oklahoma state and South Carolina step up and we play Washington in the tournament.

1 Like

Bringing a P5 football scheduling argument to the basketball scheduling argument is about as uninformed on how basketball ratings work as you can get. We aren’t talking about rankings, we are talking ratings. NET ratings to be specific. If you think it’s better for your NET rating to have a bottom SEC team instead of a top WCC or Mid-American school then your knowledge of how the ratings work is non-existent.

2 Likes

I have to agree. Basketball now is “All about the NET” ratings. Now if they want to offer those teams in football, lets do it. Not so much in basketball…

South Carolina had a young team last year. They were bad OOC but went 11-7 in SEC play. They could very easily be a tourney team next year and might be good in two years when they come here.

It’s hard to get home and homes with good teams. This is a solid deal for our program. If we just announced a series with South Carolina independently I don’t think anyone would be worked up about it. The freaking reigning national champs are wrapping up a home and home series with South Carolina this year. But I guess we’re too good to do the same? Some of you guys focus too much on the negative and trying to find sleights.

3 Likes

What is Negative about wanting to play their best teams…they dont want to play our worst teams do they…reason…it wont help them…same for us.