Secret scrimmage

That’s a good sign.

1 Like

Nah, sounds like they won against a pretty good team. Not shocked, UH is in prime shaped. Talent is there, and defense should be nasty.

3 Likes

The Jordan gear is sweet. You know the Baylor’s of the world wish they could be a Jordan team.

How do we know that was after the scrimmage? He tweeted that at lunch time. Did we play in the morning?

people found out wichita won their scrimmage vs okstate because mcduffie put on his instagram, “we got the w”, was secretly hoping one of the players in the game would do the same since no one is revealing any details so i checked the instagrams of the tech/houston players

it was a early scrimmage…a bunch of the tech players put up a bunch of “gametime” posts on their stories inside the arena in forthworth …no one posted anything for 2.5 hours…then corey posted that…3 hours later posted that he was back in houston (the tech players post and the travel time to dallas, both indicate it was immediately after the scrimmage)

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find something out there, but everyone seems to be keeping hush-hush for now.

Also possible that this wasn’t a full game scrimmage and they were working on different things against each other. Saw someone else had broken up their scrimmage into three parts and didn’t have a score.

This was a bit different from the Baylor scrimmage as that was a charity scrimmage, so they had a crowd for that game in Waco last season. No crowd for this one.

1 Like

the fact the all the players were posting right before the scrimmage and neither side posted about the results…
plus both techs staff and houstons staff are close with rothstein, and nothing has gone to him

i think everyone was instructed to keep the results a secret…

which i think is a bad idea, between now and the arena opening, stating officially that we beat tech without 2 starters is probably the biggest “on the court” thing we could do to boost attendance with how bad our early schedule is (including beating byu)

1 Like

I talked to Armoni when he got back to campus and gen said they ended up tying with Tech. With that knowledge it gets me REALLY pumped up for the season. Tech is a real good ball team and so are we. #BeatOregon

4 Likes

Incredibly good news. Sampson fields teams that buy-in to a mindset. Walking straight out of the gate and going toe-to-toe with Tech is pure CKS.
I’m interested in knowing how our offensive rebounding was.

1 Like

Something about blind squirrels and acorns.

If this is true, that’s incredible considering we were two starters short.

When Texas Tech head men’s basketball coach Chris Beard conducted a private scrimmage with the Houston Cougars in Fort Worth last fall, UH Coach Kelvin Sampson visited Texas Tech’s locker room afterward, reminding them who they were, and weren’t… “You’re from Lubbock, Texas” he said. “You’re no blue blood. Don’t lose your chip.” This, along with Beard’s 4:1 philosophy (mental toughness is to physical as four is to one) brought our university brand to the national stage and has coached us all to be more confident in our own skin.

5 Likes

and we’re from H-Town, coached by CKS, and that’s why we’ll continue to play with a chip on our shoulder. Go Coogs!

3 Likes

And the mumbling about what happened in that scrimmage seem to have all panned out. Both teams were Elite 8 material at the end of the season…Tech pushing it further.

1 Like