Seth Littrell

Seth Littrell isn’t coming to UH. He turned down Kansas state which is about 2.5-3.5 million a year. Heard rumor he turn down Texas tech. Probably waiting to see if Lincoln Riley is going to leave OU for NFL so he can take the job since he played football at OU. Bottom line he’s looking for a bigger job. Be realistic when talking replacements for applewhite,

I mean I agree, Seth Littrell isn’t coming here. But he didn’t turn down KState because he felt he had unfinished business at UNT or anything like that. He turned them down because they didn’t let him have full autonomy on picking his staff.

4 Likes

Chris Klieman Is bringing 4 assistants with him from North Dakota state. So not sure what happened there. But my point is be realistic with replacements which you get.

@srassen7 are you a female ?! I think I know who you are now lol

Littrell should look at history … former OU players (even OkSt players) RARELY DO WELL AT OU as HCs …

John Blake … all everything at OU walked on water the 2nd coming of Bud Wilkerson and Barry Switzer … turned out to be the 2nd coming of Barney Fife … Gibbs from OkSt turned out mediocre at best …

The only negative about Littrell is that he is in a chumpy conf. and his bowl record matches Opie’s … literally … Littrell got blown out by UtahSt who lost ALL their coaches and Opie got blown out by Army who didn’t lose ANY of their coaches

Didnt their DC leave for UNC and that was an interim?

3 Likes

I am not, and this is kind of weird my dude.

5 Likes

Most incoming coaches get complete latitude to re-do the staff.

I would take any of the following

Seth Littrell: Hot name, probably 2 years here max
Neal Brown: Can’t believe he’s still at Troy
Jim Mora : Was bumping around the hotel Friday, maybe he ran into Pez
Rick Neuheisel: Pac 12 guy since so many seem to think we’ll end up there maybe he’s the right guy :sunglasses:
Skip Holtz: La Tech wins bowl games at aleast

1 Like

Curiosity killed the cat. But you just never know if you don’t ask, right 🤷

Neal Brown would be awesome.

Brown would be good. Air raid, Texas ties. Do high school coaches like him?

Seth isn’t coming to UH, would be a lateral move in all sense and purposes.
Neal Brown should be the top of every ADs list that needs a HC
Jim Mora: Gross
Rick Neuheisel: Possible
Skip Holtz: No please.

3 Likes

Would it really be a lateral move? Unless his goal is to end up at a lower tier P5 school then maybe. I would think the ultimate goal for someone like him would be to coach an upper tier p5 school…the last couple succesful coaches here have been able to that.

I agree. Neal Brown has an impressive resume for a young coach. He’s 3-0 in bowl games.

UNT on resume vs UH hmm

1 Like