Should I Be Nervous

… about UGONE?

1 Like

Yes they are playing much better late this season.

4 Likes

Apprehensive about this game, as well.

2 Likes

I think we are going to win convincingly. They know they haven’t played well on the road.

1 Like

I think our guys are now convinced that it’s hard to win on the road. I expect after the way things went down in our narrow win here over them that we will be very focused.

2 Likes

If they get 20+ more free throws than we do, it will be very hard to win a road game there.

4 Likes

Oopps you have started a sm fire w/ that comment. Watch how it grows over next several hours! :grin::rofl:

I am just excited that it might be one of the last times I have to watch Hurley coach a game.

5 Likes

Yes. This is going to be a very tough road game.

1 Like
3 Likes

You should NEVER take a win, especially on the road, for granted.

The idiots on 610 the other day were talking about how easy the Rockets win would be at the NY Knicks. and then………

Agreed Joe, but I do think we will be very focused on this game…at the same time I think we have a war on our hands…

3 Likes

uconn is playing really good basketball right now, and the current starting 5 they have is pretty good …but…

uconn has 7 total scholarship players available…only 2 bigs total (who play at the same time)…they legit might not have the bodies if we bring it 40 minutes as a whole, even individually losing certain players destroys them.

vital is their best perimeter defender (only real troublesome one)
vital and bouknight make up 75% of their offense
if either of their 2 bigs get in foul trouble a 6’4 guard plays the 4
– losing vital, bouknight, or either big would cripple them

i watched their last game vs ecu …they were lucky to have a large lead early (ecu quit at one point) but everyone at uconn had 3 fouls to start the 2nd half…the announcer noted he wasnt sure if uconn had enough bodies for houston

we need this game as physical/chippy as possible …even if we are getting called more, we have bodies to spare they dont…
i could see uconn maybe running a zone to make it a shooting contest…i hope we dont take the bait and go right at them…

3 Likes

Who’s they? UH or UConn?

UConn will get 20 or more foul shots than UH. As a team, UConn is 74.1% from the line so let’s round up a call it 15 points off the bat they are spotted just from foul shots. From the floor they are just slightly worse than we are and the same for 3 pt shots.

If we can shoot our average and get plenty of second chance shots, I think we win in a squeaker.

2 Likes

The issue with this last time we played them was we couldn’t dictate the speed of the game because the refs slowed it down with all of the foul calls! This allowed them to catch their breath and gather their thoughts and rendered our depth advantage useless.

It’s a home game for them and Hurley is a cry baby of a man, they’ll get some calls and we’ll have to be ready to shoot well. Always bet on the Coogs but this one seems like a setup to me.

but that game they had 2 more bodies (including the leagues best shot blocker)…last game with their current roster is a blowout…they had 3 players foul out, 2 others with 4 fouls…if that happens this game they are playing multiple walkons for 10+ mins…

the whistles doesnt have to be even…we have 10 bodies and arent reliant on any single player…they have a total of 7 and need 4 of them to play heavy minutes to have a chance… they can get more calls, as long as we are getting calls to

1 Like

FIFY. Hurley is no man.

2 Likes

They’re 17-12 season and 8-8 in conference. So to get to the dance they would have to win our tourney, right? If we don’t win with our 10 against their 7, I’ll be nervous about the rest of our season with losing to a NIT team at best.

1 Like

You can’t underestimate the difficulty of winning on the road in College basketball. As CKS says its tough to Win on the road in AAC or any other Conf. Nothing to do w/ Refs imo, just totally different dynamics when you play away from Home gym. Esp UH having bunch 18-19 yr old kids that are leaned on heavily in order to come up with a Dub on the Road. #NotEasy

1 Like

Also UConn is playing as well as anyone rn in Conf play. Plus last Home gm for Srs n last gm in AAC for them as Home team. Throw out the records. They are very scrappy as we saw here at FC when they lead good portion of that game.