Should We Pull a UCONN in a Worst Case Scenario?

In basketball?

I don’t really see why it would.

the BE only recieved a mega deal becuase fs1 was launching and fox overpaid to ensure it had it at launch

prior to that deal no bball only deal had gotten over a 1mil per (BE is 5mil per). maintaining the deal is possible not high chance of big increase…
every memebr of the football conferences is expected to receive a major increase in revenue from the new playoff system

its 45 mil to 5mil now…when its 70mil to 5mil it wont help their case

Agreed 100%. It’s not that I don’t love my Coogs (my history, scholarships funded etc say prove that), but football has basically lost any luster what so ever for me. I’d absolutely bail for Big East Hoops and MWC Football or something.

Or what about grabbing Oklahoma State and Kansas for all sports in AAC?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think alot of the remaining Big 12 schools would probably wanna join another P5 conference. KU basketball, which is like a top 5 basketball program, do they wanna play Tulane, ECU, Tulsa, USF in hoops? Probably not. So I would say they probably join the Big 10 or something.

1000% agree. I don’t really care what happens to football if we’re left out. Just make sure we put basketball in the best conference possible.