Should we redshirt D'Eriq King

Giving an opinion isn’t quite the same as anointing anyone. I’m flattered :blush: but my opinion is worth about the same as anyone who’s not on the coaching staff.

3 Likes

I like this guy. Need more like him

I watched the game with a few former players and the subject of KA being amone and done came up. They said he is not ready, he has a ton of talent but he is not ready, even with a great season. This year the QB class headed to the NFL will be loaded with a ton a talent. Though scouts like the measurables he is not ready.

I am torn after Saturday’s game regarding King. I would like to see him redshirt and get his knee right but that said this team needs his speed and playmaking abilities. This offense does not have a game breaker al a DA, VM, TC or PE to name a few.

2 Likes

He is not ready by a long shot. We all need to keep in mind that this was his first game in many, many months. What concerns me is his reads. I can accept that he stayed true to the playbook and the plays being called. So when he has options and players open he has to make that instant decision. I am sure that it will come against Rice. He is using WD40 right now not Ben Gay. His answer on how he played said it all “decent” Dan Roy a few feet away from Allen looks like a giant compared to Allen. Could you imagine Roy as a T.E.? I could. I know he is already indispensable but I am sure it crossed Major’s mid.

I think Julon will probably be a slot receiver. Incredible athlete & fast, but he’s only 5’9" and a half with shoes on. So the odds are stack against him as a QB.

If Allen stays Healthy n you have Postma as backup, King next yr won’t have anymore exp than any other College QB on currrent Roster.

Julon is about the same size as King. I look for the two Tyler kids to battle for the spot next year or whenever Allen leaves. Amie is a hoss…he is around 6-3 and has a gun for an arm…

1 Like

Amie is now a legit 6-4. Once he spends next Summer at UH working out, look out.

1 Like

This seems to be another assumption that people continuously keep making on these boards. There is a ton of speed at wide-out. Give the guys a break, THIS IS A NEW COACHING STAFF. Maybe King isn’t seeing the field because he is having the same troubles that the other speedsters-Corbin, Singleton, Stevens (i’m pretty sure he’s coming off of injury) are having; learning a new offense is not an overnight deal.

We won’t officially know what we have until we are further along in the season. Anything else is just spreading nonfactual information. We’ve only played one game. Let the players emerge, and the coaches coach. There are more weekly practices than games. We’ll be ok.

Go Coogs!

1 Like

King is not on the field because he is hurt.

So,King and Stevenson were hurt.

He should start working out now. P90X, baby, and some beef steaks!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/910572905506865152

4 Likes

Good news. Another weapon.

There’s the speed on the outside that we need! At least until Corbin and Lark decide to break out.

1 Like

Oh no he’s gonna play slot.

2 Likes

As long as he gets down the field, I don’t care if he’s outside or inside!

2 Likes

Facts, my brother! Facts! lol

I expect King to be the one they put in motion a lot. It helps decipher the defense but it also sets up swing passes to him.

3 Likes

Or Corbin as well. If I see Dunbar come around for a motion on an RPO I’m going to melt my face with a box of matches. lol All jokes aside, I can’t be the only one excited to have both king and Corbin on the field together. Assuming we don’t use the 3 three receiver sets as much this game.