SI Preseason Top 25 - #20 Houston

Man, I have that feeling too…can’t wait

1 Like

D’Onofrio’s D is good against the run, and not as good against the pass. We have been able to limit running QBs pretty well. Arizona’s strength is our strength, and I think we are quite a bit stronger against the run, than they are at creating the run.

Last, they lost three multi-year starters on the O-line. Let the big dawgs (Ed, Chambers, Carter) eat.

3 Likes

Plus, wildcats aren’t deep. Rodriguez didn’t recruit very well. Maybe Sumlin’s plugged some holes with transfers but overall, I think we are the better team top to bottom.

My heart says we crush them. My brain always comes back with logic, which I hate sometimes.

2 Likes

I think if King starts running because the ground game isn’t working, our defense will be better equipped to stop Tate than theirs will be to stop King. But I don’t think it will come to that. I think King will break off some big runs because the offense will open those holes up. But for the most part, I imagine the offense will be surgical like it typically is with Briles. I guess my main point is that passing is what ultimately makes a QB a good QB, not running (unless it’s a triple option offense). King is already a way better passer than Tate, which in my mind makes him a better QB.

1 Like

They lost a couple of guys and their best lineman will be out against Houston.

3 Likes

Big Ed should be able to eat. And if they dare double him, can’t wait to see what Chambers and Carter can do.

2 Likes

Anyone have the gif of the Louisville o lineman falling backwards?

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be hard to find a clip on YouTube. Classic sports blooper!

1 Like

You worry about the competition way too much. We just need to be the best team in college.

2 Likes

I firmly believe this year will be like 2015. This team has a lot of talent. Can D-King be as effective as GW? Yes absolutely. Will he be? Tune into the next episode to find out.

I am very very excited about this year.

1 Like

I’m okay with underestimating him as long as the team doesn’t and they know they need to destroy him and the opposing team because that’s our culture and identity. 3rd ward D

2 Likes

They remind me of USF last year; not their scheme or talent level but the fact that their weaknesses play into our strengths.

1 Like

6 Likes

I like aggressive, playing to dominate and scare, defense, but throwing some bend don’t break in against Tate will mess him up since he is a better runner than passer from the bit I saw of him (he might have improved). If he still isn’t as good a passing QB being aggressive then falling back into a bend don’t break right when he thinks he is getting pressured more will lead to a LOT of INTs.

5 Likes

The Ed Oliver effect!

I love this quote!
Go Coogs!

1 Like