SMU and Memphis are 3-0 but…

SMU and Memphis are 3-0. There are 7 other teams remaining on our schedule. Their combined record is 4-16. Thoughts?

Both are mediocre and the rest are not good…I’ll add Tulane to the mediocre even though their getting throttled.

1 Like

Our schedule is an absolute joke.

That’s why if Dana can’t win 9 games this year, he should be fired.

7 Likes

If you watch Tulsa, they actually look way better than their record. I can’t believe I just said that outloud.

7 Likes

tulsa and tulane are the real deal and we will need to play our best to beat them.

7 Likes

I’m already calling that one a trap game.

1 Like

Sort of a lose-lose situation If UH wins, feedback will be about the inadequacies of the team in winning. If UH loses to any of these teams this board will go batsh** cazy.

2 Likes

Tulsa is tough. They didn’t bat an eye going against OSU. Btw, Mr. Montgomery is on my list…

1 Like

Tulsa lost to a below average fcs team and some folks act like their bama :rofl:

They were missing a ton of players for that game who were suspended because of a fight in their bowl game last year. Should have won anyway, but it was a factor.

Not Bama but they went toe to toe with OSU in the horseshoe yesterday. That game was close until the very end.

“Real deal” is a bit strong but both have been competitive. Tulane has a terrible D but can we play consistently enough to take advantage? They do have play-makers on offense.

Weren’t most of those players on defense? I could only imagine what the reaction would be if we lost some starters and lost to a below a erase fcs team.

Not sure, but also not sure how much it matters. Since that game Tulsa has looked really good against Ok St and Ohio State. My guess is missing a whole bunch of starters matters, regardless of position. And our tram this year is not good enough to assume a win against them.

1 Like

Absolutely can’t assume a win against anybody if we are a solid team then these are the teams we have to beat. Im not losing sleep over any of these teams on our remaining schedule.

1 Like

I agree. I threw up in my mouth a little bit just typing that!

1 Like

I will just bet the OSU guys were like “Damn!-glad that’s over!”

2 Likes

A couple seasons back Tulsa actually had a solid team but seemed to come up short every single game. It was uncanny how they could keep playing well and lose again and again.

Maybe Montgomery is cursed.

Tulane has had too much upheaval due to hurricane Ida and it caught up with them against Ole Miss. Next weekend they will finally be back home and I expect them to rebound well.

How do you have a trap game when there are really no great teams on your schedule? The Coogs may not play a single ranked team in the regular season. Best I can tell that has not happened since 2011 – Sumlin’s final season.