SMU, SMU

Not really but they are beating USF 34-0 in the 2nd quarter. Is SMU now one of the big dogs in the AAC since they are getting ready to be 5-0?

3 Likes

We are their nemesis.

dykes certainly has them playing very well but USF?.. WTF. If SMU is the big dog then USF is the runt pup.

3 Likes

Well if SMU is successful this year winning 9 or 10 games, they won’t be good next year because some P5 is going to pluck their head coach.

35-0 in the 2nd. USF getting straight up abused lol

1 Like

Strong may be looking for a new job after this season.

2 Likes

Good for Dykes, I’ve always liked Dykes, wish he would have came here several years ago when he was at La Tech. Not a SMU fan even though I live in north Dallas, but glad to see him do well.

3 Likes

I doubt Dykes leaves. He wants to be in Texas.

Wasn’t the story that his dad told him not take the job at UH

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t think he liked the buyout either. We knew Pinebox Tommy was on thin ice at Tech and we wanted a sizable buyout from Dykes.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know SMU has their own indoor practice facility. It’s 90 yards long not a full 120 yards playing field like ours but it’s still nice.

UNT also has one in the works. It’s not a luxury anymore, it seems to be the norm!

2 Likes

But…ours is 120

4 Likes

From what you read on the recruiting sites: Spike and staff have a legit shot at Preston Stone-#2 national dual threat QB

An SMU football legacy who is from the neighborhood.
His brother Parker is a true frosh WR there.

https://247sports.com/Player/Preston-Stone-46039887/

He beat Deon Sanders son - #15 QB in this one.

That’s world-class talent right there…but SMU students are the douchiest in the universe. I detest them and the whole school.

10 Likes

I hope he’s not a spoiled brat like Manziel.

SMU being one of the big dogs is probably not so bad for us. They’re one of those schools that’s probably not going to get a P5 invite ahead of us no matter how good they are. Compared to, say, Memphis, who is our rival in that respect.

On the other hand, they are probably the school we compete with most directly for recruits.

anyway, they ought to be ranked after this week.

And yeah, Dykes is probably going to hang around until a Texas or Texas-adjacent job opens up. Arkansas seems to be the only one on the horizon. He may even hang around waiting for an opening in Lubbock. Whatever the case, he’s not taking another Cal job I bet.

2 Likes

More that a conference wants Houston & Dallas tv markets and we both go.

3 Likes

Real question is how long before smu goes on probation !

5 Likes

That is a complete turnaround. How did they do it? Hmmm