SMU Tix?

Wow, you have been through a lot. Best wishes on the procedure! Hope all goes well and you’ll be able to come see the team.

1 Like

Hang in there. Lumbar laminectomy about 15 months ago and everything has been peachy so far. The 8-9 months leading up to it, not so much. Good luck with the stem cells. Constant pain sucks.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service, I think I missed before that you were military.

You have more wear on the tread than I do but similar story. Played 4 sports until college, one year in college, and did a lot of stupid lifting with the back. I’m only 6’3” and your 6’8” I believe so I can only imagine.

I do a lot of bending over an operating table for hours a couple of days a week, and you’re right posture is huge. Our parents seemed to be nagging at the time but were certainly right.

Stem cell research has a lot of promise. I know that stem cells that are harvested from umbilical cords have a huge number of stem cells (7+ million). Very exciting stuff. Thank you for sharing your personal information. We all hope it works and we’ll all be praying for you.

3 Likes

Prayers to you Patrick. Hope this all comes out the right way.

1 Like

If this was brought up–I missed it.

But a thread on the SMU board says that this is their homecoming weekend.

Attendance might be a little better than we’re used to. I still wouldn’t expect anything near a sellout. Their own fans are predicting between 20 and 25K, which probably includes a little bit of wishful thinking like our predictions.

Best of luck Patrick! Will say a prayer for you tonight.

3 Likes

Be well brother. Hope your getting good care through VA and insurance. The waivers and medical issues are starting to mount for me after 16 years of service - left hip is jacked up, eyes, hearing, right knee… I was on an aircraft that emitted high radiation for part of that 16 years. I can only imagine what kind of things will happen to me in a decade or two. There are guys in my AFSC (MOS for my Army brothers) that have had tumors in their 40s and 50s, a couple that were malignant.

In all seriousness, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I have done some really cool/high tech stuff, saved lives, seen some really crazy and cool places, and worked with some of the greatest people I will ever meet. Worth every second!

As a side note, I am 5’7” on a good day. You couldn’t have shared a little bit of that height with the rest of us!?!

4 Likes

Not 6’8", only 6’5".

I agree, Cary, wouldn’t have traded it for the world. I enjoyed my time in the military and wish I could have made it to 20, but things happen. VA is actually better than what I expected after hearing all the horror stories, especially here in Houston. I’m out in Katy and they’ve got a small VA clinic out here so I don’t have to go into the center of Houston that often to the big clinic. Even still, the times I’ve had to go to the big clinic haven’t been bad and I’m usually in and out quickly.

Take care of yourself as much as you can.

By the way, done with the injections this morning and resting. Wasn’t too bad and Dr. Villarreal was awesome as always. Invited me to his tailgate, too.

7 Likes

Thank you for your service too!

1 Like

Ha not sure why I thought 6’8”. Glad it went well, hopefully it starts working its magic soon!

1 Like

Patrick, hope you are receiving the type of care you should be receiving. Your contributions to this site are second to none and tremendously appreciated. Be well, and God’s speed for a full recovery. Prayers.

4 Likes

I spoke to Kendra at UH, she is doing SMU tailgate, the UH allotment of tickets is sold out but there will
be tickets available, you will have no problem moving to UH side. The tailgate is at GW Bush library at 4:00-6:00.

1 Like

I have 2 extra in section 224, second for $76. UH side.

1 Like

I was able to find some across the aisle from UH seats. thanks all.

Let’s beat the Ponies!!