Smu

Any game SMU plays in is excluded from any attendance figures. It’s just a waste of time :grin:

1 Like

Reported attendance for the Frisco Bowl was 14,419

http://stats.wralsportsfan.com/cfb/boxscore.asp?gamecode=201712200082&home=82&vis=38

1 Like

To be fair the Frisco bowl is a prime example of bowls that should be avoided for mediocre matchups and shameless money grabs.

Thanks, ESPN still hasn’t added it to the game summary like they have for every other game. I think they are trying to hide it.

SMU has serious attendance issues, but I don’t like when people make things up without knowing. The normal capacity of the stadium is 20,500 but both end zones are being remodeled so only sideline seating was available reducing stadium capacity to 16,500. The SMU side was full and actually sold all of their allotment, had to request an additional allotment and sold that out too.

1 Like

Even crappy bowls have charity tie-ins, Chamber of Commerce support because it sells some hotel rooms and meals, provides stadium vendor businesses and workers some holiday action, and gives the smaller cities something to brag about. My guess is any bowl games which break-even will continue so long as we have teams with six wins. Gives ESPN content, gives the locals and teams which participate bragging rights. And we can watch football if we want. When is more games to watch not as good as fewer games?

IMHO, if all the bowl games moved to the week between Christmas and New Year, people would have more time to plan travel, plus with Christmas out of the way and all the usual family stuff that may keep people at home, they’ll sell more tickets. Lots of folks have that week off between the holidays.

1 Like
1 Like