So I have a question

That’s what I was thinking. After Kingsbury left for TTech his QB production has been OK but not great mixed with a lot of subpar. A&M hasn’t thrown for for +60% completions since 2014 and the last two years were with Noel Mazzone at OC. It’s a crap shoot for them.

Since Rice tickets weren’t a part of the season ticket package I predict the crowd will be lower than past years when we’ve played there. It’s basically $45 to get a ticket to the game (since they require you purchase tix to two games min right now). That’s going to make many fans, and students, think twice…especially since its on TV.

Still…Probably 2/3 UH fans.

1 Like

Have you been to UH games at Rice? I’ve been twice. Both times I went, Rice had a lot more fans than what showed up to Robertson and UH had a lot less fans than what showed up to Robertson. Be prepared to be shocked because it’s going to be much closer to 50/50. About 15k each.

Don’t start a sentence with “So” unless it is set in the context of a reply, and appropriately, only in dialogue. I shouldn’t have to discipline you at your age.

unfortunately no. when i was a student i had bad luck. i was sick everytime we played them at rice. lol only games vs rice I’ve gone to is when we played them at nrg and at UH. i still think that it will be a lot of UH fans. UH fans traveled at utsa and texas st. you mean to tell me they wont make a road game in the same city especially considering its the first game of the season for us and not rice?

So…this is a message board…not a class room, board room, newspaper or periodical of any kind. It’s just “dialogue” typed out. Grammer don’t matter unless it so bad the message is garbled.

4 Likes

Tate is one of the best players you’ll get to see live all year. True he can’t hit the ocean from a boat throwing the ball. Still, one of the best players out there. A potential Heisman candidate.

Our offense is one giant question mark. Our defense matches up well against AZ but the question mark is the DC.

It is a game to speculate on but not bet.

2 Likes

I highly doubt it. lol I mean, the students that were here during Sumlin’s time are too young to have kids on this football team, and the Coogs older than that group may have had kids but they probably didn’t attend the university during that time either. It was only 7 years ago, let’s not forget. Rival school hatred is taught during freshman year (earlier if a legacy Coog). Hating a coach is only relative to the Coogs that were there at the time.

Did you mean this post for the basketball or baseball forum? :wink:

I’ve been to every UH @ Rice game in recent memory. Maybe they approached 50:50 in one of the Helton years but going back to Dimel we consistently outnumber their fans in their house for FB. This year shouldn’t be any different. I expect Rice will give up on their mini-plan approach closer to game day and hit Groupon with discounts.

3 Likes

Not talking about them having kids…I am talking about people whose kids were watching around that time who are now college students. Not necessarily the college students. Shoot I was watching SWC football while I was a kid and by the time I made it to Campus…I was well aware of what UT and ATM did to destroy the SWC…and no members of my family were UH grads at the time.

I was huge Cougar fan in the 6th grade…during SWC days…and had the opportunity to go to my dream school!

1 Like

Still seems like a reference to a program rather than an individual. But who know’s, it’s possible some will find a way to use it as fuel. Regardless, I hope we get the win!

Hopefully not many. Not vary classy IMO. Acting butt hurt over a coach that left 7 years ago, does nothing but strengthen the “Cougar High” reference. Are we not bigger than a single coach? In regards to success, like the phrase, we need to “act like we’ve been here before”.

1 Like

Sumlin deserves all the boos he gets

7 Likes

I’m guessing some of us are more forgiving than others. lol Hopefully we win or the boo birds are going to make our entire fan base look like rear ends.

He better hope all he gets are boos

4 Likes

C’mon man, he’s a football coach. It’s entertainment. Booing may be crass but it might liven up the crowd. Maybe instead of boos, people can shake sugar packets in the air as a reminder of his legacy at UH?

It’s not like we are asking people to boo City and State political figures brought onto the field to be honored. Oh wait… #AwkwardMoment

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have an opinion on it either way. I’m not a fan of booing in general,but people can (and they will) boo, clap, fart, or whistle, I won’t be joining in. I will, however be LBL (lit before lunch) and loud when our boys in the Red and White take the field. Ultimately I just want us to win. lol

1 Like

It’s football. I don’t know what I will or will not do for Sumlin. I may still be making my way over to TDECU after the IPF Tailgate Party anyway. Boos…no boos. Booze…no booze. I don’t have a preference. #1-0 (can we still use this hashtag?)

1 Like

If you are easily offended stay away from sections 128-130 for the entirety of this game. Sumlin will get plenty of attention. You’ve been warned.

4 Likes

I’m cheering for sumlin…

“thank you sumlin”

clap clap clap clap clap

sumlin was one of the coaches who put us on the map (herman was the other).

We helped put him on the map too. We were good for each other. He isn’t bending over backwards to appreciate us so not sure why anyone would do it for him. He did kinda crap on us in how he left and in comments after he left too.

That said, I wouldn’t boo Sumlin if I were going to the game (I won’t be making this trip). I’m over it even if I do dislike how it all went down. He at least left his staff to coach our bowl game unlike Briles and Herman. Maybe it’s just that I have transferred my angst to Herman but I feel less hostility for Sumlin these days. It could be the time passage too.

2 Likes