So I have a question

Sumlin was interviewed on the radio after the lost championship game and when asked what was wrong said that it was up to the players to get themselves “up” for a big game. This is after the word was out that he was leaving. What a piece of crap that man is, I only wish for him the worst.

5 Likes

And then there was this:

"He said recruiting for A&M was a very different experience than it was when he was coach at Houston.

‘A lot of these guys, we tried to recruit them at Houston and they threw our mail away or didn’t return our calls,’ he said. ‘All of a sudden we got here and they answered the phone.’ "

…and those same guys got you where???..thought so!

2 Likes

Aggy is a product of the conference they play in. If conferences were switched we’d be getting the calls and they would be getting rejected. I don’t think it was a personal knock on our university as it was a fact, ya know? Someone here said he was being disrespectful; those are the comments that need to be shared. That can rile up the team because it’s not a time sensitive ordeal. For instance it Sumlin said “UH is the ugliest…” then the coaches can definitely get the team to feed off of it. Now, him leaving UH when they we’re trading Pokemon cards and too young to stay home alone for more than an hour? I don’t think they’d care.

1 Like

I’ve made my feelings about Sumlin clear, but that statement is demonstrably true.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would motivate the current players - was more piling on Sumlin. Whether true or not, you find a different way to compliment the SEC type facilities of A&M without dragging the UH brand through the mud. But that’s just me I guess.

2 Likes

It’s kind of like saying “nobody would date my ex girlfriend”. Even if it true, why would you ever say it.
Sumlin is at a party school, right where he should be.

Do they serve beer inside Rice stadium? If so what kind?

Thank you for your kind, generous responses in advance.

1 Like

Tough to argue against

You know full well the art of crafting your message to your audience.

That quote was from 2012, after he signed his first class for Aggy.

He was obviously saying that for the benefit of his new Aggy fanbase.

Yea maybe it could have been worded different, but he didn’t call our university a dump; I can live with that.

They had a designated area that you could buy and drink there, this was 7 or 8 years ago.

So he is dick to us, case closed

1 Like

nonsense shaggy! Rice from 10 to 15 years ago is NOT Rice nowadays. Do not compare a talented 10 win Rice team that beat Summy 10 years ago and that scored on everyone they played and actually won a bowl game to the pathetic 1-11 windmill tilters they have turned into today. When Briles and Dimel played Rice, Rice had as much talent as we did, and were favored in some of those games.

1 Like

You picked one of several examples but you still did an apples to oranges. You shouldn’t compare that Rice team to last year’s Rice team. Why you may ask?

In 2009 Rice went 2-10 and ended the season with a 73-14 loss. It’s not a reach to say that the Rice 2009 team was just as bad as the 2017 Rice team. Also in 2009, we had a 10-4 record that included a win at 5th ranked OSU. So it’s not a reach to say that our 2009 team was better than our 2017 team.

So …
If UH 2009 > UH 2017 and Rice 2009 = Rice 2017, then it is completely possible that Rice 2018 can equal Rice 2010 and UH 2017 can equal UH 2010. Meaning, feel free to make a wager that UH is going to beat Rice but one should not project that Rice fans should have zero hope.

If he would have left after the seadon was over i wouldn’t have had any problem whatsoever.

I get the any given day argument, but if you’re seriously giving Rice more than a snowball’s chance in hell of winning this year, you might want to seek professional help.

Rice is going to get better. Just not this year.

And if we do somehow manage to lose that game, we can go ahead and fire everyone from Pez on down. That’s only a little hyperbole.

4 Likes

Careful, “might want to seek professional help” is the kind of comment that gets me in trouble with the admin if I said it. I just don’t see how “a snowball’s chance in hell” can be said with such confidence like 2010 Rice was a team we all saw coming after we trashed them 73-14. It’s against the odds but did pigs fly in 2010 and I missed it?

I’m curious what you would put actual odds on the game that you would be willing to bet on. If someone offered you 20-1 odds, you bet $2000 on UH and get $100 if they win, would you really do it?

To quote the great Tom Herman.

“its not revenge its atonement”

It’s CTH quote day!! :grin::joy:.
" Love the one next to you"

2 Likes