So much whinging

over whether we are getting enough respect from every possible person in America during the late-middle of the season. Take a breath, calm it down. It will sort itself out in the tournaments.

We all know that we have to earn respect more than “Blue Bloods” do. That’s the way it is. It’s OK. Our goal is to become Blue Blood. Whinging about every perceived slight, no matter how small, isn’t a becoming feature for a fan base. We want number 1, we have to take it. No one should expect any ranking to be handed to us based on anything but actually winning it.

6 Likes

Good take Eric, but not sure what “whinging” means??? Free wings if we win?

6 Likes

Basically the British version of whining.

4 Likes

But more fun!

2 Likes

Anglophile…I like it. :nerd_face:

imagine if everyone was whinging and whining at the same time. #mercy

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t know. Sure, you’re right. When all is said and done, at the end of the NCAA Tournament we’ll have done what we did regardless of where we were ranked.

But man, this is fun!!! How long has it been since we’ve been able to rail against the injustices of a measly #9 ranking against all those impostors of basketball proficiency?!!

Damn the AP voters!!!
Bring on Duke!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I do find it strange people that keep tweeting that Seth dude’s twitter every week to complain. Seriously after seeing one really bad vote and complaining, are they still following the dude hoping it gets better and they can take credit for it or do they really think they are punishing the guy by calling him out every week? It’s like when a pretty girl gets a lot of positive attention and the only one they reply back to is the one that says she uses too much makeup.

1 Like

I’m with ya on this one.

Ya woo whinging !!!

3 Likes

Isn’t Whinging the baseball coach? So much baseball be good, no?

Everybody Whing Chung tonight!

3 Likes

In basketball, we are a Blue Blood.

Blue bloods don’t take buses!!! :woozy_face::woozy_face:

Ummmmm, light blue at best.

1 Like

baby blue?

1 Like

Whinging is basically a portmanteau of whining and cringing. Eric’s use for this topic is spot on!

ck

1 Like

As Lieutenant Zulu would say, “Oh, my!”

Actually it’s unrelated to the word “whine”…from Merriam Websters: Whinge Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Whinge isn’t just a spelling variant of “whine.” “Whinge” and “whine” are actually entirely different words with separate histories. “Whine” traces to an Old English verb, “hwinan,” which means “to make a humming or whirring sound.” When “hwinan” became “whinen” in Middle English, it meant “to wail distressfully”; “whine” didn’t acquire its “complain” sense until the 16th century. “Whinge,” on the other hand, comes from a different Old English verb, “hwinsian,” which means “to wail or moan discontentedly.” “Whinge” retains that original sense today, though nowadays it puts less emphasis on the sound of the complaining and more on the discontentment behind the complaint.”

1 Like