So we keep Htown takeover?

Starting to think I learned the cage sway chant for nothing.

1 Like

We need the next iteration of takeover. Htownnation, Htowntaken, Htownovertaken, Htowndomination…

Looks like Coach Carrier wants to keep it, at least in practice.

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1083939530972057601?s=21

4 Likes

No need to reinvent the wheel. If it’s still popular and recognizable with current recruits, keep using it.

6 Likes

Womp womp goes back to the rob at least

1 Like

I liked the #RedOps the 2019 recruits used. How about Houston Tribe/Cougar Pride?

I live near Dulles HS and the marching band is practicing the Womp-Womp melody right now.

I’m silently singing along…

5 Likes

A takeover can take time. It continues regardless of coach. It is ours and we continue the takeover. This our town.

3 Likes

The H

2 Likes

Then think of Austin… they will try to claim the state but hey, we got one of those in San Marcos…

Or just “H” We are already “Houston” and who else could be H, Harvard? nyah…

1 Like

Tradition was “eat 'em up, eat 'em up, rah, rah, rah” but some snowflake couldn’t separate the sound from carnage…

I have no use for foul language where kids and ladies are present. Such words are the tools of those who dwell on shallow planes of consciousness… just my opinion.

Sophomoric is the term that Freshmen will learn eventually.

3 Likes

Womp Womp has been around for much, much longer than that. 10+ years at least.

The student version is silly, yet because of the vulgarity and ‘students growing up’, it brings more participation, but go to premier league games in the UK and those are worse (we want to bring the clean, unifying ones here).

Here are a few good ones:

#FridaysAreForTheCoogs
#PackTheCage
#CougarBreakout

2 Likes

I think that would be pretty cool if the entire stadium yelled “Eat me up, eat em up, rah rah rah” after kickoffs

1 Like

i am really happy none of y’all work marketing at UH haha

2 Likes

As old and hokey as that may have sounded it was around I guess many decades. The word “rah” has been in football maybe before helmets.

Time and continuity IS tradition.

2 Likes

Right, it’s better to kowtow to the crowd that uses the F word to market our image. I use the word but not in front of women and children .

2 Likes

you’ll survive

Undoubtedly but our kids and grandkids will be worse off for it.

2 Likes

I’ve taken quite a few newcomers to Coog games. When the kids start chanting they undoubtedly ask what is being said. I tell them whichever version I think will resonate the best with that person. Each time they hear exactly what I tell them.

3 Likes