So with the Rockets looking for a coach

If Sampson were hired away, UH would not have to pay that money. Not sure what your point is.

IMO, this is silliness. CKS is not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Pretty good read on what happened

Agree to a point, but think they overplay TF as the bad guy a bit. I don’t think he was all that interested in keeping D’Antoni from the get-go but didn’t want to pay severance. Let it play out and made decision not to be aggressive in re-signing until results were in.

Sam Cassell has been coaching since 2009. He has played for great Coaches. He is ready and is highly qualified for the job. He exactly fits what the Houston Rockets need.
Sam has an higher iq than most. What I love about him above anything else is his competitiveness.
He is a World Champion winner. He is a Houston Rocket legend.

Harden for me has not proven that he can take the Rockets to the title. Russell Westbrook & He are now 31 years old. I can see Sam make both realize that this is now or never for them.
Would it be better to trade Harden? That is a great idea but Mr. Fertitta needs as much fans as he can.

1 Like

Doc rivers

1 Like

Wow, just saw that. The Clippers are about to revert back to Clipper form. They fire the greatest coach in their History, wow. With that being said, Cassel is still my Favorite, and Rivers move into a tie with Tyron Lue, and Mark Jackson.

1 Like

Didn’t Kenny Smith interview for the position last search? I say we give him a shot. Maybe he can bring in some of that Clutch City magic.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to this at all.

2 Likes

Ahhh he did interview! Alexander was still owner so maybe Morey will change his mind this time around with uncle Tilman in charge. Kenny seems very knowledgeable of the game. I know he doesn’t have any coaching experience but maybe he’ll be to the Rockets what Kerr is to the Warriors. And again, he’s been on a winning team and knows exactly what kinds of attitudes it takes to win it all.

2 Likes

Kenny don’t know this, but I learned how to perfect my Basketball shooting because of him, before the titles. I used to shoot with the palm of my hands, until I saw one of Kenny Smith interviews of how to shoot. Thanks, Kenny! Yes, I’d love him as the Rockets Coach!

1 Like

Sam Cassell is ready. A really good player like Kenny was does not guarantee that he will “manage” Harden’s ego. Harden has never shown me that he “plays” for the team. He is far from a complete player. Akeem became Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon when he matured and finally understood that he could not do it all by himself. Hakeem became a great passer and a HOF. Being highly competitive sometimes work as a double edge sword especially when you start coaching with no experience. When you are coaching you have to accept that an individual might not be as competitive as you were. This extremely difficult to accept. That is why so many great sports figures fail at coaching. Granted you do not know until you try but IMO Sam “earned” the opportunity.

1 Like

Interesting. :thinking:

1 Like

John Lucas would also be great. Sam Cassel I still want #1.

1 Like