I think it’s funny how all these articles online, talk radio, and all the social media rants talk about where Tom Herman goes next. None of us are in coaches shoes but I know if I was Tom Herman, I’d be like, “whos to tell where I’m going?” Almost every article out there says he’s going to Texas or LSU already. Chalie Strong was already fired Monday? lol
Sumlin and Briles left for bigger programs. Where are they today? Did they win championships? Coogs would destroy both of those teams right now. Sumlin is on the hotseat and Briles isn’t even a head coach and will be always stigmatized by his accusations.
Why do I think Herman stays? 1)Because when asked about the new practice facility, he basically said that it’s needed to help future recruits and to practice in a place that’s private and the team can practice in any weather conditions.
- New stadium.
- Plans in place for a coaches head quarters.
- He’s gonna get paid and Tilman said that Herman won’t be leaving because of money as an excuse.
- Talks about the new recruits and added depth
- Building a legacy vs something that’s already there
- UH ain’t no UT but UT doesn’t have the 4th largest city. We were ranked 2nd best city in the world to live in recently in business insider. Baton Rouge vs Houston? Not even close.
- Family is already established in Houston.
- Had we had no injuries, we’d be a playoff team right now. We’d be in talks for a national championship. It’s only a matter of time before we get deeper in our 2nd and 3rd waves of players. Our starting is with the best in the nation.
- Fame? Herman isn’t even in the power conference and both Herman and the coogs have been on national television, social media feeds, radio, everywhere and are branding UH to national media. In time, it will get bigger.
I’m an optimist and been watching the coogs since I was a kid watching Klinger. I’ve never seen UH this big. If Herman decides to leave, I predict it will be after Memphis (Briles and Sumlin did it to jump on recruits for next yr).