Some February stats

Through games for the week ending 2/15 & 16 - the UH team played 5 games - 3 road (at Cincy, at USF at SMU) and two home games (Tulane and WSU). If I read the box scores correctly {and while I feel fairly confident I have those right - I invite anyone to double check my math} - at home the UH attempted 37 FTs and the opponents attempted 30 - an average disparity in favor of UH of +3.5. On the road (which included two losses by a total of 3 points) the UH attempted 36 FTs - the opponents attempted 78 FTs an average disparity in favor of the opposition of 14!

To turn the cube a bit - that is a home court advantage for the opposition of over 10 FT attempts a game

I offer no conclusion or deep meaning other than - the UH has 3 home games - I hope that those who have tickets to attend understand their duty to attend and if not - to get the tickets into the hands of those who can.  The fate of this year's dance invitation depends on you.
7 Likes

Like I posted before, my main concern is that our best FT shooter is going to have a hard time staying on the court much less getting calls that will get him to the line

4 Likes

Sasser is our best FT shooter. Here are the per centages:

Sasser 84.6%
White 80.0%
Jarreau 79.8%
Mills 76.1%
Gorham 76.0%
Hinton 70.8%
Grimes 66.3%
Harris 62.5%
Gresham 52.0%
Alley 30%

Sasser, Jarreau, and Mills have shown to be really good at end of games.

5 Likes

Broodo was 2-2 tonight which means he was 100% so maybe use him in the tourney?

I was surprised that Hinton was selected to take the FT’s for the technical fouls, but he was 10 for 10 from the charity stripe tonight.

1 Like

So Alley, what would say you “do” here?!

And they were pretty. Looked like the net was sucking them in with a straw.

1 Like