Some good bowl projections

If we get to 8 wins I think we take a p5 slot like last year in Vegas. That was a pac12 slot but since we’re a “name” g5 program it lessens the impact on the bowl officials and opposing team.

Playing Cal in the Frisco Bowl wouldn’t be a bad game.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it wouldn’t be terrible considering the alternatives. Almost like when we were in the TicketCity Bowl against the Sandusky Nittany Lions.

1. Scumlin was distracted by his new job at aTm, and srewed the pooch in the CUSA Champ game.
  2. Everyone was hoping to be the BCS buster in NO at the Sugar Bowl against Michigan. Thanks Scumlin!
  3. We get relegated to the Ticket City Bowl because CUSA bowl tie-ins sucked - even more than the AAC tie-ins.
  4. However, the Ticket City Bowl lucked out and got the fighting Sandusky’s, a top 25 team that no one else wanted to touch.
  5. It ended up being a great bowl game and a top 25 matchup.
  6. Coogs finished #18 in the AP and sent the greatest QB in the history of UH to the NFL where he is now flourishing with the Minnesota Vikings.

All’s well that ends well.

6 Likes

Image of a football game in Frisco…

Yep, they’ve played the FCS national championship game there for the past several seasons. Not a bad seat in the house.

Sucks for the conference, because we do an even split, right? Need UCF or Memphis in the Peach Bowl to get some money for the conference. Or living in fantasy land, could we get the slot with 3 losses (if Memphis losses the next two games)?? Boise and SDSU already have 2, Toledo has 1 currently.

If we do win the conference, I’d say we’re very much in the running for the NY6 bowl. Wins over Arizona and USF, close games against Tech and Memphis, and wins over Navy and UCF/USF would go a long way with the commitee.

Toledo’s schedule is paper-thin, but they do have a common opponent with us, Tulsa, who they beat. The committee would have to weigh that if the two schools were up against one another. Toledo does still have to get through Northern Illinois, West Michigan and the MAC Championship.

I think we match up well when compared to Boise State. They’ve had two tough games, and lost both: Wazzu and Virginia.

SDSU would be tough with their wins, but they’re in the same boat as us as they aren’t leading their division and lost to the leader.

I think whoever wins the AAC will get the bid unless the entire conference falls apart.

UH vs UH in the Aloha Bowl was the best game ending brawl in the history of CFB. Players took their helmets off and used them as clubs. My wife and I will pull up the YouTube videos of that periodically to get a good laugh

1 Like

Memphis and BYU might have an argument for their brawl. That was significant.

Oh, I’m down for Frisco then! lol

What’s the capacity? We might be able to fill it up! lol

22k, plus suites and club.

Let’s fill it up and turn it to The Cage-North! lol

Should be easy for students to travel too

1 Like

That picture is awesome . . . and almost completely due to the rabid fans of North Dakota State attending the National Championship game. Those fans travel really well for every game (I’ve seen them at a couple Big Ten stadiums, too), but they’ve really packed that soccer stadium for the championship games they’ve played there.

I’m not so sure the Frisco Bowl will sell out. Even with UH fans showing up in decent numbers, it will look more like an LA Chargers Game at their current soccer stadium home field than the NCAA FCS Championship Game.

I think that if the stadium holds only in the 20K range, it will certainly be a sell-out and if we travelled as well as we did to Atlanta, Memphis, even the Cotton Bowl, we should sell it out and have at least 3/4 of it to us.

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Week-9-bowl-projections-for-UH-AAC-and-Texas-12323742.php

USA Today - Boca Raton: Houston vs. FAU
Sporting News - Hawaii: Houston vs. Air Force
Sports Illustrated - Frisco: Houston vs. Western Kentucky
CBS Sports - Frisco: Houston vs Ohio
SB Nation - Frisco: Houston vs. Fresno State

Birmingham Bowl, Dec. 23
Missouri vs. Houston

2 Likes

The Mizzou Snowflakes?!? They aren’t going to be bowl eligible!

It would be interesting to hear what Bill Connolly has to say about this if it happens.