Some UT Insider Info

I appreciate the info too. In keeping with the new Coogfans tone, which has been stellar, let’s not bust on people just trying to share some information.

The odds are slim that the Big12 would kick out Baylor and replace them with UH, but it would be a money making decision for the other 9 teams. UH would buy its way in over a few years and the Big12 would distribute the extra money to the other schools. If the other schools see $ signs, all bets are off.

2 Likes

@coog.57 – I agree, slim odds that BU gets kicked out – Expulsion is rare.

The only school I can recall getting kicked out of a conference in the last 40(?) years is Temple from the Big East. They totally neglected football and the BE just got fed up and booted them.

Wouldn’t that include UH, TCU, Rice since we got left out in the cold when the big 12 was formed.

1 Like

IMHO, SWC wasn’t expulsion because it dissolved when UT, A&M, BU, & TT left

BU/TT

Gets me every time

3 Likes

Charlie Strong article - reminds me of our Tony Levine experience:

TEXAS HITS RESET WITH NEW IDENTITY
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/190961584/texas-offense-charlie-strong-shane-buechele

_Is Texas’ leadership willing to do it? The man who hired Strong – athletic director Steve Patterson – is gone. New AD Mike Perrin likely won’t run the department long term, but he might do it long enough to have to hire the school’s next football coach. _

If Strong doesn’t win eight games, Texas’ administration can expect to hear plenty of cries to fire their third-year coach. If that happens, Strong will be hoping his bosses show him the same loyalty he showed Watson.

Third time can go two ways … a charm or a strikeout …

The tuna man is hoping his 3rd OC … a hand me down from the Briles era will get him over the hump …

Gilbert is interesting … he was a grad asst. at UH the year Briles flew the coop to Waco. He never was in the offensive scheme under Briles either at Baylor or UH. Gilbert served under men who were at Tulsa and Bowling Green thus a second hand man or trickle down offense.

The REAL key will be true freshman QB Buechele … sounds italian but really german I believe … he is supposedly the second coming of James Lowell Street … who won the horns the nat’l title and went undefeated 20 - 0 games the best in UT history.

OR he could turn like those other hundreds of 40 acre QBs … came in looking like Superman but turning out to be just another Don Knotts.

The only reason Shane is getting hype is because of the name on his jersey.

True freshman QB’s have too much growing to do. UT will mediocre once again.

Shane’s getting hype because of his performance and leadership. He’s being coached and mentored by Colt McCoy, who almost won the Heisman as a freshman. You never know with freshmen but Briles and Kingsbury have had success great success with freshmen.

Texas is extremely young and starting a new system. The question is how quickly can they perform at a high level and learn a new system.

What is the best a team has done led by a true Freshman? UCLA went 8-5 with their 5 star quarterback this past year. That’s about as good as it gets.

Short memo – James Lowell Street… A true Texas football icon.

1 Like

Since this thread started almost 30 days ago it has a kind of permanency to it now. Maybe we could get it pinned to the log in/home page so passers by can post the latest UT rumors. Or just to dedicate it to the memory of COACHV. Just a thought.