Something lighter: TV shows you recommend

“What we do in the shadows”

1 Like

Been watching Ozark and Outlander. Both good.

Okay i have two new shows, first season for both. Probably not for amybody here but who knows
Dave on FX or Hulu. Its a about a white guy trying to join the rap world. Its mostly funny but has a lot of heart surprisingly.
Motherland Fort Salem on Freeform, you can stream direct for free. Its hard to admit i like the show. Its all female and for young people. But the premise is fun, wonder if the witches at Salem had shown their witch power. In this alternative reality Witches are the American army. Set in modern day with a kind of 9-11 feel.

Watched the first two episodes of Snowpiercer. It’s alright, will continue watching. Don’t remember a lot about the movie, but I would say I like the show better at this point.

Maybe you guys have seen this as there are already two seasons done. But Succession on HBO is great.

Appears to be a fictionalized take on a Rupert Murdoch-type family. All detestable characters, but that’s what makes it good because they all could take out any of the others. Machiavelli (sp?) would appreciate this show.

2 Likes

Just watched first two episodes of Perry Mason. Not at all what I expected, but very good so far.

Also a 6-part series on the cop serial killer in California. First episode was this past weekend. I haven’t seen it yet, but it looks interesting.

Just saw this thread. Succession is great.

I do not remember another family saga show where every single character is a terrible human being.

Every family member and every employee just awful.

LOL. Great show.

2 Likes

Top 5 Shows I’ve Enjoyed in the Last Year:

Thumbs up on Succession. A brilliant and wonderfully executed show.

Good Girls (NBC) is a terrific comedy-drama show. First 2 out of 3 seasons are on Netflix although they might be moving soon to the new Peacock streaming service.

I second the recommendation for The Plot Against America (HBO).

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime) is a great show.

Killing Eve (BBC America) is thrilling. Can stream it on Acorn, Hulu and Britbox I think.

Honorable Mentions:
Upload (Prime)
Billions (Showtime)
The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Ragnarok (Netflix) [subtitles]
Bodyguard (Netflix)

1 Like

I liked Ragnarok as well. It’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you have interest in Norse mythology and Scandinavia, it’s pretty cool.

The Outsider on HBO had me intrigued. It’s apparently based on a Stephen King story.

A movie that just came out On Demand that I would highly recommend is The Oupost. True story based on the bestselling book of CNN’s Jake Tapper on an “indefensible” post established in Afghanistan in 2006. Gut wrenching to say the least. The final battle in 2009 was the only one in the last 50 years where 2 Medals of Honor were awarded.

The brave soldiers of this story are the true warriors

If you liked Ozark you’ll love Bloodline!