Special message from UHAAF president on hurricane harvey

SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM UHAAF PRESIDENT ON HURRICANE HARVEY
https://houstonalumni.com/harvey/?platform=hootsuite

Dear Fellow Cougars,

In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, I hope you and your families are faring well. Over the last few days I have seen the “Cougar network” reaching out to each other, lending a helping hand to others and problem-solving our way through this storm. I personally know of one UH Alum who has organized a group of UH Alumni, and they are going into the Meyerland neighborhood to help people clean out their homes, including those connected to our own UH family.

While our city has undergone unprecedented devastation, we have seen the best of humanity emerge in helping those in need. It is in this spirit that I ask you to join me in helping those students adversely impacted by the storm. To make a donation, you may go online and contribute to the UH Cougar Emergency Fund (indicate that it is for “Harvey Relief”). Tax deductible donations to this fund will be utilized to provide comfort and ease to UH students who are enduring hardship as a result of the storm.

To help in this effort, an anonymous donor has come forward to aid students who are struggling to rebuild. The donor has graciously made a $250,000 gift to the University of Houston in hopes that others will be inspired to provide relief as well.

Your gift will not only help our students in the short-term, but will enable them to receive the education they need to impact our city, state and nation in the long-term. As a “Forever Coog,” I credit UH for instilling in me a sense of resilience and perseverance. With your help, we can pass these qualities on to our next generation of leaders as they work to recover from circumstances beyond their control and stay on track with their graduation plans.

As a member of the UH family, I hope you will join me in this effort.

Continue to Stay Strong. Go Coogs!

Bill Hickl (’86)
President
University of Houston Alumni Association Foundation