Spring workouts

If the only yelling is when someone screws up, they I agree with you. However, when players do well in practice, show progress mastering something they’ve struggled with, A coach should yell and scream his approval. Get incredibly excited about it.

It takes 7 positive reinforcements to counteract one negative reinforcement. I learned this from a parenting class I went to a very long time ago.

I find it amusing that you think CMA is an aggressive coach. I don’t care about yelling or any of that crap, I care about philosophy of all facets of play.

You are right about one thing, I believe he was a poor choice for our HC.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I ain’t putting any money on that. I fear he will drag down the program.

Truth is, I’m not alone in this thought.

Live long and prosper :sunglasses:

You are alone in the thought that yardage allowed is just as important as points allowed though.

3 Likes

Seems like in-game injuries and turnovers hurt us in both the Tulsa and Tulane game. Not sure what the coaches could do for either item.

i might be wrong, but I think Coach Applewhite is self-aware and will fix the issues from this year. We appear to have our QB. We are bringing in a bunch of speed at wide receiver. I would like to see us bring in a JUCO MLB and WR or grad transfer. When Adams got hurt, we had a hard time stopping the run up the middle.

Yardage allowed is NOT as important as points allowed…however…

Teams that pile up yards typically have the ball longer which keeps our O from having the ball.

In many cases it wears out the D.

And we get less possessions on which we get to score.

Plus, we have not been very good at scoring.

I think next year will be the real test. We should be favored to win the AAC, we have better talent than everybody else. I am hopeful but needless to say the jury is still out.

1 Like

Where exactly did I say that please sir !

1 Like