Staff Re-Shuffled

The linked article says Holgorson will continue to call the plays.

The reason that CDH retains play calling responsibility is because the OCs move on to bigger programs or head coaching positions. If you have your oc calling plays then when your play caller leaves you have to reinvent your offense. By calling the plays himself he will have play calling consistency across OCs.

1 Like

Well there you have it. Holgorsen will continue to call plays. per the article.

Thanks Tom for setting the record straight.

2 Likes

Bill Yeoman called plays, and his QB did not audible at the LOS and change the call.

Leach calls plays. Way back Tom Landry called plays.

CDH’s play calling will improve when the offensive talent improves, especially his OL.

3 Likes

And I assume he will also keep over paying for his friends to coach here

Dana is basically using people that he’s had success with and putting them in positions to make things work better. Its going to be an amazing transition next season. It won’t be easy, nor will it be Dana’s best win-loss season at UH. But it will be a lot more fun. Will we suffer a close loss or two? Maybe. But we’ll win some great games too. And Tune will win the starting job outright. And you’ll all be happy with him.

Print it!

10 Likes

Right on the money!

1 Like

Dana had Shannon Dawson as his OC for three seasons at WVU. They went 18-20 over that period. Calling that “success” might be a stretch.

How did the offense function? Dawson would be only responsible for that.

By points scored they were 9th, 81st, and 37th. But by that metric Kendall Briles was top five here.

SD wasn’t calling plays .

I don’t think I was implying that he was.

Wow. WVU fans still keep a close eye on our board.

2 Likes

Whoop De Doo
who cares what anyone from WVA thinks about anything

Not picking on them, that is just a Universal statement, just as I don’t give a rat’s *** what anyone from TT, UT, OU, etc thinks about anything we say on OUR board

1 Like

I wasn’t excited about it. Just thought it was funny that they still linger on here.

Sorry I got excited, I just loathe trolls

1 Like

The title is for the salary.

That is his discretion and comes with the position. If he is doing so to the detriment of winning, it will ultimately come back to haunt him. I trust him to act in his own interest.

It can be but not necessarily. Multiple coaches’ titles changed this offseason but their salary may not be adjusted. Dawson probably will get a bump though.

I’m betting Dawson will be taking a bigger role and have more authority in the offense this season. He’s also coaching a more high profiled position.

So
 What you’re saying is - I am right.