Starters/DepthChart announcement time?

What about that budding punt returner controversy. Could tear the team apart!

:joy::joy::joy:

Here’s another one from ourlads.com. Last updated 8/27 which explains why there are guys on it we know won’t play.

Can’t say that there are any surprises on the depth chart.

Thought the OL from Auburn, Deon Mix, would be on there with all the injuries.

Also, Lark still isn’t on the depth chart. Lot of talent at WR.

Not too surprised about the QB situation, our last coaching staff did the something similar two years ago with Ward and Schultz. Keeps them motivated I guess.

from some camp reprts, thought I Johnson would start
nway
rooting for #24 to shine this season

Disappointed I am with recruit Lark. 4 star recruit needs to start earning his keep. Or go somewhere else.

Word on him was that he was very raw; basically a track kid playing WR.

This team is deep at WR, probably deeper there than any other position. May just take a couple of years for Lark to figure it out.

1 Like

Regarding Lark: Do not allow the star ratings to set expectations. He is a 4 star because certain schools offered him a scholarship. Nobody knows how these kids will turn out.

1 Like

Defense looks good. The fact that we’re still in the “or” stage at QB is disconcerting, to say the least.

1 Like

I agree he is doing a Bill Obrian impersonation. :rage:

No he’s not. He’s having a hard time picking between two good QBs. Bill has a hard time choosing between two piles of crap.

2 Likes

I get that but many get rated before they get offers, right. Plus they go to camps, get evaluated, and so forth. If he didn’t have excellent results at the camps, he wouldn’t have had the rating. Maybe he’s a bust, but I hope not. I hope this is a breakout year for him.

Im pretty sure he got heavily recruited because of his height and speed. A good coach will get him where he needs to be. At least he is on the two deep roster.

1 Like

Just read his bio and it seems like he’s played plenty of football. I don’t know what kind of offense Bellaire HS runs or was running when he was there. Maybe we’ll see some stuff tonight and I can stop worrying about it!