WSU FG: 30%
WSU 3’s: 28%

UH Prep: Dominant

8 Likes

Team Blocks:

UH - 9

WS- O

10 Likes

Sasser’s 10 points was a very quiet but effective 10 points.

8 Likes

I’m very impressed with the blocks that we’ve been seeing lately.
Amazing.

6 Likes

Even off his point average Hinton’s play today was strong. Add to that he’s the most disruptive player in the country. He’s doesn’t understand what part of the game it is, he’s just in attack mode for 40 minutes.

And he plays big. Much bigger than guards I have seen.

5 Likes

We are an elite defense, shot blocking, rebounding (although teams have matched us lately) team. If we can get hot shooting we could be very dangerous.

6 Likes

Most impressive stat I saw: UH held WSU without a field goal for almost 15 minutes of game time in the middle of the game.

WSU hit a FG with 6:21 left in 1st half, and didn’t make another FG until 11:33 left in the game.

That’s domination. That’s demoralizing.

12 Likes

ADD:
White: 14 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks

Grimes: 10 points, 1 rebounds, 1 assists, 1 steal

White has quietly lead the team in scoring last 2 games. He is solid.

8 Likes

Coach has had some success posting up White and Fabian has taken advantage. When he is hitting those baby hooks in the lane and that 15 footer from baseline he is really good…Grimes played well and was rewarded several times with easy layups after cutting to the basket…
When we get a little more polished I think you will see more of that cutting to the baskets on the back side…

5 Likes

Not sure why I left those off. I thought both played very well. Grimes just looked intense today.

1 Like

In my opinion, the refs let them play today in tournament mode, very few ticky tack fouls and let the strong survive. The conference needs more games refereed like this for all invitees to be tournament ready.

8 Likes

We’ve now won 4 straight from WSU. On a side note, not only were we not ranked 2 seasons ago when we beat them at TSU, it was the game that immediately followed the infamous road loss to Tulane.

This was Wichita’s second consecutive loss. We have not had consecutive losses since the 2016-17 postseason.

7 Likes

That is amazing we have not had consecutive losses in that long! Shows how far our program has come!

1 Like

Testament to CKS

3 Likes

Jinxy, thy name is Coogfans.

1 Like