Status of Football Operations Building

Need more luxury seating not more cheap seats

For those who want shade. I have a pair of pink panties you can borrow

2 Likes

The expansions are end zone seating

Announce Holgi’s name on the building and take donations to remove it. All the haters on here will be allowed to do more than just bump their keyboards in hatred . . . . .

5 Likes

The original expansion design called for expanding both endzones andc the visitor upper deck, and add a new press box

Moving press boxes to north side and building out more suites where the current press is was a portion of the design.
I am a fan of this type of expansion along with designing 2-3X the current lodge areas around the stadium.

1 Like

I would defer to the engineering department. We choose to do it this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.”

I am sure the fellas that installed the canopy at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami or the Dynamo Stadium have some experience with…hurricanes… :laughing:

2 Likes

Why would we need this? What’s our record after opening up that fancy indoor practice facility?

Depends on the overhang size and type; gonna require some MASSIVE footings due to the uplift on that overhang. Concrete is cheap,the steel canopy superstructure…not so much. Maybe start with a small one similar to BBVA. The Romans had the Velarium at the Colosseum. Made of cloth. That was 2000 years ago. No hurricanes though, but still.

2 Likes

Retractable overhangs would be cool

3 Likes

Retractable? I don’t know if I’m kidding or not but seriously though that would be a concern.

1 Like

Ha! You beat me!

1 Like

It probably helps recruiting to keep up with what everyone else has in the Big 12. Sampson said the other day that it’s better to keep sharpening your knife… or something like that.

1 Like

You guys are soft, want a retractable roof football stadium, never ask for one of those in CS

Kyle Field has partial cover on the 3rd deck outside of the EZ areas. That way the fans that almost get hit by the flyover on the 3rd deck don’t get baked by the sun.

The president found that last post inappropriate:

1 Like

Which comes first the chicken or the egg? We need fans sitting in the 300s before spending all that $ in that area right? Hehe

I agree heavily on adding football operations building and adding updates to the existing stadium amenities BEFORE considering expansion of the stadium. If we sell out for a few years then we can talk about it but I’d like to see the demand first. 40K feels pretty good in TDECU and provides us a decent environment and advantage when we can fill it up. Let’s focus on that first.

2 Likes

Shade canopies in the style of the outside skirting sure would be nice and look cool.

1 Like