Student Athletes

First thanks to all the young men and women student-athletes who came to OUR university and are working hard on and off the field-court-pool to be successful. You read about our alumni shinning and that what alumni do sometimes. But if you really want to read shinning go to the Penn State site.

Again thanks for being at the University of Houston

9 Likes

Could you explain the PSU reference? I am asking this next question because there are so many new terms people use today and not meant to be snarky. Is “shinning” a new term for something, or did you really mean “shining”?

More Penn State allegations were released and allegedly the PSU HC told a player not to report a fight to the police among other things.

It’s also very likely that they will finish the season 0-8.

I expect the term isn’t be used as meant with student athletes today.

1 Like

Is the thread topic about student athletes or a school that should have been given the “death penalty”?

Thank you to all of our student athletes. To be given an opportunity to play for our school show how dedicated they are. It takes enormous character to “mature” and become a starter. Many thinks on this website that all of our athletes have a silver spoon and hang around parties. Tell that to our athletes that are working their #$%^off during the day and stay up late at night to make the grades.
I will add that it is a great way to enter the real world. Many years later ex players still stay in touch with their coaches and thank them for what they taught them.

5 Likes

I figured something was going on. They have too much talent to 0-fer.

That is really sick. There is something definitely deviant in the Penn State athletic department. I don’t know why any HS kid would want to go there and be identified as being in that culture. Talk about a team that should get the death penalty and booted from the B10, PSU is it. They should be treated like a pariah and schools should not schedule them.

3 Likes

It is The University in PA. There is no doubt.

I agree that is a sick story.

I have a good friend who was the starting center on the 82 National Championship Team. He got real involved with their BOR with recovering from their previous scandal almost a decade a go now. I’m sure he give me an ear full.

Penn State hasn’t won a game this year. Something must be amiss in happy valley.

As I read the story, it is one player and his father making allegations against Franklin, his staff and the players. However, none of it was corroborated so either it is one big cover up with no one willing to come forward to help the player or it’s a bunch of allegations by one former player. I will wait for more info. Until then, I will just see PSU 2020 as a very overrated football team who should not have been Top 10 in the preseason poll.

Well, your statement is HIGHLY arguable. That is why the Pitt vs Penn St rivalry was such big deal. Sadly, Joe Paterno killed that off when PSU joined the Big 10.