Suggestions on cutting the cord

If you use the nord vpn with playstation vue you can get the local channels from anywhere in the country.

Have Hulu for Live TV and they have a feature that tracks your favorite teams and sends you a notification when they’re on plus they have all the channels that UH football is on.

It’s official this week
 folks who pay for streaming now outnumber cable/satellite.

3 Likes

I just canceled Xfinity and signed up with Youtube TV.

4 Likes

Enjoy the savings and features.

1 Like

Sling TV with a sports channel bundle. If you have an Amazon Firestick, Roku or some other way of streaming it to your tv, you can watch all of the ESPN channels along with some other news and entertainment channels for about $31 per month.

Here is a good article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj1mIyOuqLhAhXn6IMKHUAyC2EQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnet.com%2Fnews%2Fbest-live-tv-streaming-services-for-cord-cutters%2F&psig=AOvVaw2Hlg89_lAGqoD4K0ME01wq&ust=1553780648351332

I’m going to give FUBO a try. It’s the only streaming service to offer ATT Sports Net so I can watch the Astros.

1 Like

Dang - just cancelled ATT/UVERSE and switched to XFINITY. Still searching the streaming scene.

If FUBO is the only streaming service that offers ATT Sports Net, then it’s obviously the best choice.

Otherwise, you can’t follow the Astros adequately.

Only problem: it does not appear to have HBO, thus, no Game of Thrones.

Basically, if you want to watch the Astros
AND Game of Thrones (as I do), cutting the cord does not appear to be an option.

fubo doesn’t have espn.

I cut the cord last weekend. I went with FUBO so I could watch the Astros. The Astros are 1-5 since I cut the cord
just saying. I also ordered an antenna yesterday on Amazon.

The picture quality is really good on some broadcasts. Others are very pixelated. You take the good with the bad.

No, it doesn’t have the ESPN networks, ABC, or HBO. My sister is letting me use her cable login to watch on my devices.

It will be totally worth it. I’m going to save well over $100/month.

You can get HBO independently through HBO Go.

How much does cutting the cord actually save?

Currently paying $180 for everything I’d ever want to watch

Separated
Internet is $49 for quality bandwidth
ESPN with Hulu $86
HBO. $15

So just there the cost is around $150 and I don’t get all the channels I have now and costs 20% less

1 Like

Some people think CBSSN is completely gone and it’s not. Every other year @Navy could and probably will still be on there just FYI.

If streaming is the only reason you’re getting broadband, then it’s not nearly as good of a deal. If you’re getting the broadband anyway, you shouldn’t include it in the price since it’s not a variable between options.

If the other channels provide value you to, then streaming may not be a good deal for you. It depends on what you want and how many channels you want. The same can apply to local channels that you can’t get, depending. I get my local channels except for ABC (and with ABC I can watch college football on the ESPN app).

Hulu starts at $45 (at least that was my last bill) and that includes the ESPN family, FSx, and CBSSN. You pay more for things like the ability to watch it on more screens simultaneously and better DVR. Both of which cost extra with satellite, too. But it’s optional.

Add another $5/mo for ESPN+ and another $15 for HBO, but you have to pay for those separately with cable too.

1 Like

Ryon, just think of the time you will save not following Game of Thrones. Consider it a bonus. :grinning:

For YouTubeTV folks like @UofHouston13 and @coog93, they have a link where you give input on channels to add. Probably won’t matter but I requested ATT SSw: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/contact/new_network_request