Sumlin gone from aTm

I would. We already know he can succeed here. If Louisville can take Petrino back, I don’t think we should suddenly act like we’re somehow too good for Sumlin.

Briles is dead to me because of him bailing and his U of H golf club reference. Sumlin is dead to me for costing us the Sugar Bowl and approximately $15 million. Herman is dead to me for just simply being a bold face liar and putting his interviews before the kids playing on the field.

Under no circumstance would I ever want any of them back on basic principle.

5 Likes

I can’t believe what I am reading. So none of the following matter to you?

1. He lies to our entire Team and program

2. Him bailing out/not prepared/focused cost us $M’s THAT WE DID NOT HAVE

3. Goes to the enemy

4. Fails miserably

3 and 4 aren’t really true. A&M hasn’t been “the enemy” in 20 years any more than Oklahoma State or LSU has been.

And it’s even harder to argue that he “failed miserably.” At 7-5, his worst season in 6 years at Aggieland would be tied for the Aggies’ third-best in the decade before he got there, despite the fact that Sumlin competed in a harder conference. Sure, he didn’t sustain what he achieved with Manziel, but he left the Aggies far better than he found them.

As for the other stuff…nope. Literally couldn’t care less. That’s just how business is done nowadays. And we likely wouldn’t lose anything if he did it again, thanks to the existence of the Access Bowl.

"That’s just how business is done nowadays ". In other words, it’s ok to anything wrong as long as I can get paid more money. Me me me me!

I’m with you.

1 Like

Huh, A&M has trouble recruiting??? The recruiting rankings relative to their record would prove otherwise. Also, what do you think the culture is like at most schools that kill recruiting?? Way more similar to college station than to Houston.

I mean…how many times have YOU turned down a job that would double your pay just because your start date was a week too early?

I am speechless T-Moar.
atm and uta will forever be our enemies. Thinking otherwise makes me think you do not remember what happened in the 80’s and 90’s. They both represents the reason, only this single reason why we ended in the ditch when the SWC imploded and why we are here today.
Our P5 exclusion is because of atm and uta no one else. Thinking otherwise only validates their past and current actions.
I will leave it at that.

3 Likes

Why would we want him back? He was fired for consistent mediocrity at a place that gave him every advantage he complained of not having at UH.

He had some success here because he inherited some great players and had arguably the country’s best offensive coordinator. Without those things, he’s just another guy looking for a job.

I think some people believe that because he won 7 games in the SEC, he’d annually win 10 games here.

I don’t begrudge him making more money, but I don’t want to spend ours to bring that show back. NOSIR!

2 Likes

It is crucial that everyone understands our past to understand how we got to the AAC and not in a P5. For anyone, maybe a new student, fan or casual U of H observer please spend a few minutes and understand what U of H is all bout. Please read from the top of the thread. Thank you again EatEmUp.

4 Likes

UT and aTm were going to ditch EVERYONE else in the SWC. Because of our inept leadership up to, including, and after the breakup is what kept UH out of the big 12.

We could have done what TCU did and earned and fought our way in but the UH leadership has been short sighted up until Khator.

So I don’t begrudge ut nor aTm and would gladly take Mack Brown or get Herman or Sumlim back.

A chant my group was yelling during the navy game was

Style and smiles with Miles and Briles. So we would gladly accept Kendall. Not art.

1 Like

Mind boggling. Don’t tell me you graduated before 1996?
So how they did not ditch everyone? Maybe because they felt bad about it? Come one Moncoog.
The only reason that we are not in a P5 is because of the recruiting area that we are in. It has nothing to do with our then bad administration. I grant you it did not help but it made no business sense then and not now.
USC and UCLA have been going at it for decades. U of H vs atm is a natural rivalry. atm does not want/afraid of it, same with uta.
uta and atm knew very well what they were doing with the ncaa and the probations that came our way.
It makes no business sense whatsoever for us to not be in the small12 or SEC. We are not in because we would lessen their (uta and atm) squads. This is valid for ou, osu, ttl and other P5 power houses.
It makes no business sense for the following reasons:
Fourth biggest city in America…soon to be third…Networks need all of the eye balls possible for advertising.
Great tv ratings in the last few years…so advertisers would love to have us in.
Mrs. Khator and Mr. Fertitta have been there for years now. So everyone in America knows that we are committed to sports. At the same time crickets are louder than any expansion invites coming our way.
We have the potential to be a major power house. Make no mistakes about it.
GO COOGS!!!

2 Likes

Need to also read how they treated us before we got into SWC. They will always be the enemy. Everytime Aggy’s and Horns lose an angel gets it’s wings.

2 Likes

I am absolutely amazed that anyone could even think that atm and uta are not our enemies anymore.
I understand that attention span can be be about five minutes but please know what our DNA is made of.

1 Like

Might want to check who the alma maters of the Governor and particularly the Lieutenant Governor at the time were.

What was his record without Case again? Our most impressive game in his last season was after he left… Crazy how our team went completely unprepared for a conference championship to a well oiled machine with Sumlin gone for the bowl game.

Sure wish this board would let this die. The coach is gone, let’s move on. We should be better than this.

TAMU is the enemy. OKS and LSU don’t lobby our state leg to undercut UH a&m does so they can try to take more state money plus the PUF.

Thank you for the reminder. Well stated.