Sunday Musings: It's a Great Time to Root for a Texas Group of 5 Team

https://swcroundup.com/news/2017/7/8/sunday-musings-its-a-great-to-root-for-a-texas-group-of-5-team?utm_content=buffer13b93&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Nobody wanted to tangle with Houston last year. They ambushed college football in 2015. If you think Major Applewhite is going to let the Cougars slip and lose their place, you’re wrong. They also have the most exciting interior defender in a decade or more in Ed Oliver. He’s worth the price of admission and the NFL is salvating over the talent he demonstrated as a teenager.

Since Corona is sponsoring UT I will not be drinking Corona at all.

2 Likes

We should have folks dress up as the most interesting man in the world just to help out their competition.

1 Like

I never drank Corona and I will continue to not drink it. I drink Miller Lite which is also a sponsor of UT and I will continue to drink it. Boycotting a product because they advertise with a team I don’t like is silly in my opinion. BTW, Miller also sells at UH, but I don’t drink beer at football games. I may before or after, but not at the games – particularly the day games when it is really hot. I like to cool down before I drink beer because it doesn’t help me cool down but cool water does. If I drink beer when I’m hot, I get a bad headache.

1 Like

red80

I never drank Corona and I will continue to not drink it. I drink Miller Lite which is also a sponsor of UT and I will continue to drink it. Boycotting a product because they advertise with a team I don’t like is silly in my opinion. BTW, Miller also sells at UH, but I don’t drink beer at football games. I may before or after, but not at the games – particularly the day games when it is really hot. I like to cool down before I drink beer because it doesn’t help me cool down but cool water does. If I drink beer when I’m hot, I get a bad headache.

Uhm…ok.

That’s called dehydration.

1 Like