Sure doesn't feel like 5-1

Plus, a ball hit one of our db’s right in the hands and he caught it! Ya Woo!

1 Like

This is the definition of a championship team, imo.

1 Like

I would have picked situation B, Coogs should have beat Tech. I am happy with the way the season is going. Still has the potential to be great.

2 Likes

I think everyone is having a good time. Let’s be honest the point of boards like this is to talk football. We can’t have fun football talk if everyone agrees all the time. Good banter and i enjoy reading it in the same way I am like this at the game. One min I am screaming “You suck Applewhite” and the next, “Good call coach”. ha I love it! YA WOO COUGAR FOOTBALL!!

5 Likes

I will take the Under

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I keep reading this and wonder what is the rationale? Do you think Tech has worse players, coaches? Nothing about playing Tech inLubbock says automatic win to me

2 Likes

You are down about being 5-1?

Okkkkkkkkkk,

Let me say first, I’m pretty happy with 5-1. That being said if anyone thinks there isn’t huge areas for improvement they are quite mistaken. The holes in our game are very real. We have yet to see really a full game put together from both sides of the ball. Save with lots of mental mistakes. These need to be cleaned before we get into the teeth of conference play.

I am still sick to losing to Tech. I can’t stand losing to firmer SWC schools, period. Our overall record against them (current 3 game losing streak) bothers me…

Agree, but you can take solace in our record of late vs P5 teams.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity. How do you possibly know this? Just asking.

3 Likes

How about we take a poll ? ? ? ? ? Personally, we missed the ECU game. Others, so far, we have attended and we will be, with God’s grace, in Annapolis Saturday . . . . .

Yeppers, it’s Annapolis or bust! Likely breakfast at Miss Shirley’s Cafe. Don’t really care too much for the ~50% chance of rain on game-day.

1 Like

I have a message for all those who can’t get over the Texas Tech loss on the road. On this link, you will find the matchup predictor for UT (currently the #7 ranked team in the nation) at Texas Tech. Hint: Texas Tech is currently favored to win that ballgame. Texas Tech is 4-2, with losses to 12th ranked WVU on the road and Ole Miss (who has only lost to Bama and LSU).

1 Like

It’s just silly and mostly people that already hated Major or Mark and want to highlight failures for weeks to push their agenda. Anyone that says “we should have won” is talking out their butt. I can understand those that didn’t like how badly we lost. We were winning after 1 quarter than they ran over us like an FCS team. So you won’t see me defending that.

If we made a list of top 100 games UH should have won but didn’t, I’m not sure the Texas Tech game would make the list.

ESPN’s matchup predictor is horrible though. It goes off of recruiting rankings to rank teams in the preseason and we already know ESPN’s recruiting rankings are based mostly on how many P5 offers you get. So all of the P5 teams get over rated and all the G5 teams get under rated. It’s quite possible Texas Tech and Texas will each have two more losses before they play each other and the game will only be relevant to the coaches trying to save their jobs.

1 Like

#1 on my list…

Above Texas State and UTSA? And that’s just scratching the surface. Maybe we have different definitions of “should have won”?

2 Likes

I could go over a bunch but since you said number 1 on your list, all I have to do is mention one game to make you look silly.

UTSA 2014 to open our new stadium in front of a sold out crowd.

1 Like

Beat Navy and it will definitely feel like 6-1.

3 Likes